ddaenen1

Decent ESC for Tamiya Transpeed MS 10T motor

Who can tell me which ESC would work for a Tamiya Transpeed MS 10T motor? I have one collecting dust and want to use it on a TA-05 ver.II project i am about the start.

We need to know the turns of the motor to make a suggestion, most of the tamiya escs only work done to 25 turns brushed.

Sorry, i thought it was common TC knowledge that the transpeed is 12 or 10 turns.

I think they include the Tamiya TBLM-01 ESC with some of the Transpeed motors

Sorry, i thought it was common TC knowledge that the transpeed is 12 or 10 turns.

These are the Transpeed motors I know about

Brushed:

Tamiya Transpeed MS, came in 9T and 10T variants.

Brushless:

Tamiya Transpeed BL, came in 3.5T, 6.5T, 7.5T, 8.5T, 9.5T

Tamiya Transpeed BL Octa Wind, comes in 4.5T, 5T, 7.5T, 8.5T, 9.5T

Tamiya Transpeed Racing Stock, comes in 21.5T

I'm unable to find a any reference to a 12T transpeed

Are there any other Transpeed series that I have missed?

Sorry to derail the discussion. I've collected most Tamiya motors and am always looking for the ones I've missed.

There are references to 12mm rotor versions of the Transpeed BL, but I'm unsure whether this is a separate series or just a way to label the octa winds.

My bad, meant the Transpeed MS 10T. Which was also available but more rare in 9T.

i am bumping this topic because i still don't know which would be a good ESC for the Transpeed 10T. Summer is coming and i don't have a runner anymore as all my restorations ended up as shelf queens :huh: so i have this Ta5 ver.II now that i want to get ready to roll. It will have a fast savox servo and the Transpeed MS built in. I only need a decent ESC. I do have a spare TEU302BK but it seems this only goes until 17T so not much i can do here. In the interim i do also have a Acto power formula which might do the trick but still, i want to build in the Transpeed at some point in time and make this a mean machine.

Please help!

I bought myself a few Transpeeds a few years ago. The 10T I had running for a very short time was hooked up to a NOSRAM Patriot. It was an unlimited ESC that I was using my 11T Super Modified on for ages. It worked really well all the time I ran it but I don't know if NOSRAM still make them though. I'd also bought a KO Propo kit to go with my 9T but I never hooked it all up as the 10T was particularly difficult for me to solder wires to. In fact it was because the wires came off of my 10T, wires that I was barely able to solder on because the end-bell dissipated heat too well, that I gave up on getting any of my Transpeed motors running. The KO Propo kit was recommended to me BITD specifically to run the Transpeed motors but I can't remember the exact model nor the exact reason why it was recommended to me. I know that's not much help. Sorry about that.

It's a bit hard to find a decently priced 10T ESC these days. But then it was probably never easy.

The Hobbywing QuicRun 1060 is a classic at 60A, but only goes down to 12T.

There's the Tekin FXR Pro at rcMart for $105: http://www.rcmart.com/fwdrev-brushed-limit-p-56173.html?cPath=1560_51

Or the Traxxas EVX-2

Basically, you can google "No limit brushed ESC" or "unlimited brushed ESC"  and start going through the list. ;-)

Or you can go nuts and try to find a Tamiya Volac MS ESC to match your motor. Hope you're rich; they seem to start at $180 on ebay

Is the Transpeed motor new??

If it is, why not sell it to a collector and put the money towards a low turn brushless ESC and motor..

15 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Do you need reverse?

Preferably yes.

12 hours ago, Backlash said:

Is the Transpeed motor new??

If it is, why not sell it to a collector and put the money towards a low turn brushless ESC and motor..

Yes sir. It is brand new in the box. I got to be honest, i never thought of not using it or selling it. I do collect motors but only to mount them in my shelfers. In this case, i don't have a shelfer so i thought of actually putting it in a runner :mellow:

Now that it is becoming clear to me that i can't use it without spending a decent amount of cash i may keep it in the box and use the Acto Formula instead combined with the TEU302BK. I don't know if this is a decent combination for a TA05 but we will find out ;)

Hi there

I run a lot of brushed 8t / 9t / 10t orion revolution motors in my ta04's. I use the ko pro vfs1 , the novak gt7 and a hara twister 2 esc. You can still find these second hand you just have to keep an eye out for them on the auction sites. However I don't know of an esc that will handle the transpeed ms and enable reverse without melting. You can try it with the quickrun 1060 esc, it's limited to 12turn but it ran a 10turn sv2 in my ta06 for a long time without problems (they are cheap so it's worth a try). 

If you can live without reverse I have one that is cheap and unlimited 

F1415113-9679-4EA7-93C5-D7564D485A20_zps

it is the one in the top left of the picture. I got it in an order a while ago but will never run anything hot enough to need it.