Effigy3

TT-02B Neo Scorcher Item #84387 - Daughters build

Great thread. Glad to see your daughter is enjoying her car, I recently bought a Neo Scorcher second hand. At first I really didn't think much of it as my first newer kit. Then I took it for a couple of runs, and know I'm really enjoying it. Took the Torque Tuned motor that came with out, and swapped it for a HPI Saturn I had. Ill add some chassis hop ups first though before I put anything faster in there.

Craig :)

Great thread. Glad to see your daughter is enjoying her car, I recently bought a Neo Scorcher second hand. At first I really didn't think much of it as my first newer kit. Then I took it for a couple of runs, and know I'm really enjoying it. Took the Torque Tuned motor that came with out, and swapped it for a HPI Saturn I had. Ill add some chassis hop ups first though before I put anything faster in there.

Craig :)

Not sure which ESC you got but if it's the TBLE-02S then I'd suggest getting a 13.5T brushless and sensor wire. I've run a few different motors in this for my daughter and I can say that it's by far the best balanced motor we've used. You can get them for a song if you're patient. The Atomic Red we're currently running only cost us $15! But I think that was a "going out of business" sale on their part. I don't see hardly any 540 motors listed on their site now. AsiaTees has a Leopard 13.5T motor for just $37 I put a 21T version into a DT-03T for a buddy of mine. Seems like a decent enough brand motor for a basher.

It was just too nice out today not go take the family to the track. Sadly I am waiting for some Deans plugs to arrive so I couldn't run my TRF 201 but my daughter ran her Pink. There were half a dozen guys running their 1/8th scale nitro buggies and boy or boy were they LOUD! After about a 1/2 of her pack she was done so I took over for her. I swear this buggy is the most fun we have in the fleet. Even with a 13.5T motor those nitro buggies ate my lunch and threw the bag back in my face. I really am going to have to get myself a 4WD buggy this spring for my birthday! Maybe a TRF 502 with a 9.5T motor? Hrrrmmmm...

01.31.2016-18.58.png

01.31.2016-19.07.png

I did some work on the Pink today.  I had sheared off the head of one of the screws for the motor mount.  I had to pry the motor out of the chassis and to do that I had to remove the drive shaft.  While I was in there, I cleaned up the bearings and oiled them.  I was able to remove the broken screw from the mount and I even had a spare in my bits box.

05.30.2016-21.34.png

05.30.2016-21.36.png

I ordered up a set of Gmande XD diaphragm shocks for my SCT; a pair in 75mm length for the front and a pair in 93mm length for the rear.  For the money, the build quality is quite good even if the design is a bit more complex than it needs to be.  As it turns out, they don't really work for my SCT so I tried them on the TT-02B and what do you know?  They fit quite nicely.  I had to modify the attachment method from stock Tamiya step screws or ball connections.  The Gmade shocks  require screws but that wasn't overly difficult to overcome.

06.01.2016-14.23.png

06.01.2016-18.15.png

06.01.2016-18.14.png

I think they certainly look the part and I must say the feel is superior to the white CVA shocks that came on the buggy.

06.02.2016-19.54.png

06.02.2016-19.56.png

So if you're looking for a shock upgrade for your TT-02B and don't want to spend a fortune, I highly recommend these.  If I were to do it again I would probably get the aeration version. ;)

• Like 6

I've had a request to show a close-up of how I have the Gmade XD dampers mounted. 

Note: since I last posted to this thread I have replaced the stock front damper stay that I reverted to when my daughter broke the first FRP damper stay during a run on the initial battery pack after I installed it.  :o  Let's hope this one lasts a bit longer than Just one battery pack!

Upper mount-

04.23.2017-13.10.png

1) 25mm long 3mm hex head screw (Tamiya)

2) plastic ball (Gmade)

3) plastic spacer (Tamiya)

4) aluminum spacer (Tamiya FRP upgrade kit)

5) 3mm lock nut (Tamiya)

Lower mount-

04.23.2017-14.01.png

6) 12mm long 3mm hex head scew (Tamiya)

7) Note that the metal ball is oriented so that the collar is facing the suspension arm.

This works a bit better when the previous dampers haven't been screwed on using coarse thread step screws as per the manual.  Even if you do use new arms be careful not to strip the hole.  The plastic is soft and the 3mm threads are fine.  It may be useful to drip one drop of CA cement into the hole prior to inserting the screw.

• Like 3

I got the gmade shocks for a build  (exact same spec as yours) and whilst I haven't run them yet they look and feel really good. Will consider them for other builds definitely, but a little pricey. 

I got a new rear wing for the buggy because the stock one got torn up thanks to a well intentioned but misguided little guy at the track.  The steep angle of the stock wing mount resulted in a goofy looking wing propped up at like a 45 degree angle.  I read that some folks here on the forum were using a Yokomo YZ2 rear wing mount so I gave it a go.

07.22.2017-14.05.png

I put some notches into the stock wing mount plate, but as it turns out that plan wasn't going to work.  :(

07.22.2017-14.07.png

I had to drill some new holes in the wing to accommodate the very close together mounting points that the new Yokomo arms created.  The holes needed to be big enough for the raised plastic mount points to pass through.

07.22.2017-14.10.png

The Yokomo kit didn't come with any screws so I got this pair of 10mm M3 counters sunk JIS screws from my bits box.  They worked perfectly.

07.22.2017-14.13.png

No more 45 degree angle rear fin!

07.22.2017-14.14.png

• Like 5

On 07/06/2015 at 5:47 PM, Effigy3 said:

According to the chart at Robinson Racinge, 24T is the largest .06 mod pinon they make. Has anyone run a 24T pinion on this car? If so, does it fit without modification?

06.07.2015-11.46.png

Hi. In my tt02b I have a 64t spur gear and currently running a 25t .6 pinion. It seems to work great. I have upgraded the diffs to the dt02 metal gears just in case. 

• Thanks 1