Sign in to follow this  
Pumesta

King Blackfoot

So my new decals arrived today

WP_20160407_19_30_10_Pro%20Medium.jpg

A massive thank you to Tamiyabigstuff for selling a set from his private stash

So finally got around to sorting some oil shocks for the King Blackfoot

WP_20160504_20_50_57_Pro%20Medium.jpg

Unbelievable the difference they make to the handling over the standard friction shocks.  Unfortunately not enough to stop smashing into a litter bin at the park. 

WP_20160504_20_51_34_Pro%20Medium.jpg

Resulting in needing some body repairs

WP_20160504_20_51_13_Pro%20Medium.jpg

Not to sure how easy the crack will be to cover up when I get round to painting the shell.  I also managed to crack the roll bar and one of the spot lights :(

With having done as much to this as I planned, just waiting on a new motor, I am itching to get it nicely painted, shelf it and start a new project.  Tempted by either a Blackfoot Xtreme or Blackfoot 3 and do a 4x4 conversion on it

Get the Parma Blackfoot lexan shell and stop worrying about body damage...

What kind of Shocks are you using???

Terry

41 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Get the Parma Blackfoot lexan shell and stop worrying about body damage...

What kind of Shocks are you using???

Terry

Thats an idea, although never been a big fan of lexan shells, the fact you have one attempt at painting that worries me lol.  As for the shock they aren't anything special, just some random generic brand, but the price was reasonable with out having to wait weeks for them to come from China http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370638504482

• Like 1

On 5/4/2016 at 5:36 PM, Pumesta said:

Thats an idea, although never been a big fan of lexan shells, the fact you have one attempt at painting that worries me lol.  As for the shock they aren't anything special, just some random generic brand, but the price was reasonable with out having to wait weeks for them to come from China http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370638504482

Well, with the lexan, you don't really have to worry about damage...  At least that's what I've found with my son't Bush Devil...  I paid $75US to have it "professionally" painted and it was worth it, but if you're looking for a runner, just paint the inside the color of your choice (after masking the windows), and apply the decals as needed...  The original BF body is black ABS, so even if you decide to paint the lexan shell black, you'll be still starting at the same place, right???

Keep the ABS for Shelf Life...  Switch it out to Lexan for Runs...  Paint the lexan black like the ABS, and decal both the same...  

Terry

• Like 1

New motor arrived

WP_20160509_19_21_06_Pro%20Medium.jpg

Currently running it in, hope it lasts longer than the last one

Refitted to the truck

WP_20160509_20_02_49_Pro%20Medium.jpg

2 hours ago, Pumesta said:

*sigh* one broken drive shaft :(

I knew one day this same thing would happen to me, so when I learned a bit of Arcana, I added it to my own thread:

Good luck!

Terry

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

I knew one day this same thing would happen to me, so when I learned a bit of Arcana, I added it to my own thread:

Good luck!

Terry

Thanks I have a bought a set on Ebay already.  However I seem to recall coming across a topic on another forum saying that there was a set of dog bones from another brand HPI sticks in my mind, that are exactly the same spec but as they are still in production they are only £5 a set where as the Tamiya ones are £20.  But now I need a set can I find the thread?.......... No lol.  My biggest worry is that there is something else wrong and I will brake another one.  I noticed the rear shocks were set a bit long and the rear axles were just clearing the rear wishbones so perhaps one of them snagged, so I adjusted them a bit to give more clearance.  Or it could just be the fact I slid it sideways into a big pot hole.

But not to fear the master mechanic is on the job, yes he is trying to refit the broken dog bone in the correct place

13102839_1308183155864079_6073666599216236157_n.jpg

13131193_1308200622528999_3565404125917677655_o.jpg

He had to to put it on the ramps, The second photo was quickly followed by being handed the battery compartment end cover and two screws

• Like 1

Love your pit crew!

Lemme know what you find out about the HPI 'bones???

Thanks,

Terry

38 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Love your pit crew!

Lemme know what you find out about the HPI 'bones???

Thanks,

Terry

Actually it could have been these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Spare-Parts-Dogbone-Shaft-Joint-RC-1-10-1-10-Model-Car-Front-Rear-For-HSP-/291505036818?var=&hash=item43df0dde12:m:m88Rr5cdOgpZjYDMlgVc0wg

I can't be annoyed pulling the shaft out of the truck to but assuming the instructions are 1:1 scale the 70mm might fit, the distance between the pins is about 4mm more than the Tamiya one's but everything else is the same.  Might be worth the risk for £1.50

• Like 1

According to this thread:  

We would need the HPI 08061...  They are 63mm, and a quick check on the Bush Devil says that's right...  My only concern about the HPI is the ball diameter, but they are cheap - $4.00 shipped in the States!

Terry

Nice  quick fix only took 2 mins

WP_20160512_20_28_25_Pro%20Medium.jpg

WP_20160512_20_34_27_Pro%20Medium.jpg

• Like 1