werewolf

Nordic Vintage Challenge

@werewolf Sorry to hear about your car trouble, not being able to finish two classes is rotten luck  

I've actually bought a nib super astute with NVC in mind, and in case I can't finish the ressurection of my Nikko F10 buggy in time. So I would just need to decide on a 4wd car. 

The date fits snugly in my schedule, I've found the nordic vintage rc facebook page and I sort of want to forget all the reasons as to why I have no business being in an organized event with my blatant lack of skill :)

Might have to post on the facebook page to find out what the penalty is for driving like drunk child and crashing into everything during an race. 

• Like 1

Great to hear that you might be coming over, Robert! I for one would love to see a Nikko F10 there, but make sure to read through the rules so you don't show up with a car that isn't allowed. When in doubt, asks one of the organisers through the Nordic Vintage RC fb ;) 

A Super Astute? That must've cost a pretty penny! I know Thomas (one of the organisers) is looking into racing an Astute or Super Astute, but he can't figure out how to make it race-fit without spending a fortune on it. Mind you: he races at a much more serious level than I do ^_^

And don't worry about your driving skills. We want to attract as wide an audience as possible. As long as you do your best to stick to the basic rules (no reversing, no driving in the opposite direction, letting faster drivers pass you) you'll do fine!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, werewolf said:

I know Thomas (one of the organisers) is looking into racing an Astute or Super Astute, but he can't figure out how to make it race-fit without spending a fortune on it.

Wait what, you don't just charge your batteries and go? Yes, I should definitely read up on the rules :)

Where do you reckon would be the best place to ask the million questions I'm bound to have after reading rules and more info, the fb page or on rsb.se/nostalgi? 

• Like 1

Only one month until NVC #7 and it promises to be the biggest ever. Right now we have 35 contestants who have entered a total of 70 cars into the race. And that is not counting the 1h Plastic Fantastic Endurance race on Sunday.

Come be part of the fun! If you're interested in participating, have a look at the rules here (in English): http://www.ymr.no/nvc.htm

More questions? Things not entirely clear? Want to participate but afraid not sure you're up to it? Feel free to ask questions here or contact me in a PM.

Hope to see you there!

• Like 2