Pintopower

Ampro tamiya cw01 upgrades

I assume it has similar looks as the diff locker I bought one via ebay last year. (didn't assemble it yet though)

The username of the ebay seller was kabonett123. having certain feeling that the seller is a same person as him mentioned on your post.

I was thinking this idea seemed to be brilliant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gpgp01 said:

I assume it has similar looks as the diff locker I bought one via ebay last year. (didn't assemble it yet though)

The username of the ebay seller was kabonett123. having certain feeling that the seller is a same person as him mentioned on your post.

I was thinking this idea seemed to be brilliant.

One in the same. It is a great design. 

• Like 1

Yes! This diff locker is exactly what I need when driving my Hornet over loose dirt. I'll be getting one the next time I order some parts on Shapeways. Thank you so much for your working tirelessly on your RC engineering projects!

10 hours ago, GregM said:

Yes! This diff locker is exactly what I need when driving my Hornet over loose dirt. I'll be getting one the next time I order some parts on Shapeways. Thank you so much for your working tirelessly on your RC engineering projects!

Always my pleasure!

hi all just to make i have this right, if you have the diff locker in the luchbox, hornet it will be better on sand, beach?

wild

Alberto, thank you for your hard work and ingenuity. If not for your parts, I would not bother with the CW-01 chassis. Your mods bring out the full potential of these vehicles without changing their character - it takes a lot of skill to do that!

2 hours ago, wildwillhappy said:

hi all just to make i have this right, if you have the diff locker in the luchbox, hornet it will be better on sand, beach?

wild

Locking the diff should help you maintain traction on loose surfaces, yes. However, with a double wishbone suspension up front and some mods in the back, the 'Box performs pretty well even with an open diff. I would like to see a running vid with and without the locker. Here's some footage with an open, unlocked diff.

Slow motion:

Rest of the build thread for those who are interested:

Is there a slomo video that a Lunchbox can make look bad? I think not. 

On 9/21/2016 at 6:02 PM, Pintopower said:

Got the printer working and now here are the prototypes.  Test fit the proto and all was perfect! Off to shapeways for a final test.

29533310560_72fe46fb54_b.jpg

Interesting. What benefit does this mod bring? I’ve already bought your axle brace for these and been impressed. So keen to get some more bits. 

1 hour ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

Interesting. What benefit does this mod bring? I’ve already bought your axle brace for these and been impressed. So keen to get some more bits. 

Look how far away the shocks are from the motor. Compare it to one without the shock mount. This keeps the motor from hitting the shocks on acceleration. 

9 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Look how far away the shocks are from the motor. Compare it to one without the shock mount. This keeps the motor from hitting the shocks on acceleration. 

With the axle brace they don’t hit though. In fact mine didn’t even without the brace. Was close but cleared. 

On 1/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, Losi XXT-CR said:

With the axle brace they don’t hit though. In fact mine didn’t even without the brace. Was close but cleared. 

Your motor didn't hit the shocks without the brace? Do you have the stock pinion and motor adapter? If you do not run them, that might clear it but the stock way for sure shredded my motor labels when I was a kid. Man that upset me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pintopower said:

Your motor didn't hit the shocks without the brace? Do you have the stock pinion and motor adapter? If you do not run them, that might clear it but the stock way for sure shredded my motor labels when I was a kid. Man that upset me. 

Yeah mine runs an 18 Tooth pinion, adjustable motor mount and modified motor as well as Losi shocks. Guess these could make all the difference. 

Pleased with the brace and will be getting the double A front suspension. 

70B6E00D-F391-4E72-8A18-6CEBD9AF55A8.jpg

A6BCACEA-9EAA-41E1-A8A6-8BA2CF2BB75D.jpg

035C3A56-8006-4E11-BDF4-3F20E297117B.jpg

Be careful with the front suspension! It is not strong enough for the motor you are running. The mass of the truck and the big tires put a lot of stress on it and I only recommend a stock 540. Just a heads up!

• Thanks 1