mongoose1983

Missing photos on the main site

Are the photos in gray saying "MISSING" lost for good, no chance to get them back?

Of all the photos I've uploaded to the main website I don't keep duplicates in my HD so if the images are lost I know I'll be sad. :(

Am I the only one having this problem? It has happened to me in the sales and in the showroom.

do you have an example of a page with this problem?

22 hours ago, TWINSET said:

do you have an example of a page with this problem?

Showroom:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=128076&sid=23692

And these sales, which I was already told about:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=118910&id=23692

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=118258&id=23692

I'm not concerned about the sales, I just feel worried about checking other entries as I did not keep copies of most of the stuff I uploaded to my TC showroom. :(

I've spoken to Chris and there's a chance those images were corrupt and didn't copy over properly.

He's getting the old server hardware back in the next couple of weeks and will go through it at some point and see if the original images are retrievable.

Just leave them as they are for now and see what can be done to salvage 'em.

Next time you're logged in on the main site, go to your profile page.
Along the top of your bio you'll see Showroom, Trade tabs - the one at the end is 'recover' That should have copies off all the pics you've uploaded to TC.
The 'missing' ones will probably still be missing there, but at least you might see how bad it is

The page can take a long time to load, so stick with it

reco.jpg

On 16/5/2016 at 8:01 PM, TWINSET said:

I've spoken to Chris and there's a chance those images were corrupt and didn't copy over properly.

He's getting the old server hardware back in the next couple of weeks and will go through it at some point and see if the original images are retrievable.

Just leave them as they are for now and see what can be done to salvage 'em.

I don't really know what a "corrupt" image means, but I am still mourning the loss of my photos. And yes, I've checked the "recover" tab there. I don't think the photos were broken or bad, or corrupt or anything, as the ones I have on my photobucket are still there. And that is a free photo-host website. I would expect when paying for having my pictures on your website that it would work better than the ones you doesn't have to pay for. Had I imagined a thing like this was going to happen I would have kept copies of my RC photos on my external harddrive.

As a customer I'm not satisfied with your service, and as a TC member I'm not sporting a smile here either. :(

Hi All

The old server is being picked up on Monday, so I should have it later in the week at which point I'll be able to  recover any files which were uploaded to it, that for whatever reason are not showing on the new server. Please bear with us.

If you are seeing images on the new site one day, that are missing the next, that is more interesting as that could be a bug (I had to rewrite a lot of 'image' code when the server moved) I'll look into that separately and let you know. Don't want to tempt fate but its very rare we've actually lost a photo - but will need to investigate and confirm

Just to be clear with everyone though - TC is not a photo backup service. Its a site to host and display photos that you have and manage yourself elsewhere using whatever software and level backup to see as appropriate.

I got three "ticket closed" e-mails from TamiyaClub this morning. To be honest, I have no clue what they are.

Thing is, my pictures are still missing and by now I doubt that will change. There was one I needed the last time I checked. I would not like to check any more to find out more of them lost for good. I understand this might not be deliberate, like some technical problem but still no solution.

While remembering back in the day doublechecking the FAQ in TC to finally decide to pay and join the Club, your "Just to be clear with everyone though - TC is not a photo backup service. Its a site to host and display photos [...]" sounds curious to me. Why did not you include a note to potential TC members, something like BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR PHOTOS AS THEY MIGHT GET LOST?

If the services you guys provide were free, I would probably try real hard to understand but they're not. I see I was not a TC member, I was your customer.

I have enjoyed the company and the help of many TCers here to complete my project cars, but can't help to feel sorry I joined your business.

:(

http://i.imgur.com/tLIVwlX.png

The 'tickets closed' messages are just automatic, when there is no update on a ticket for a set number of days. In this case, I am still very much looking into this problem. In terms of mentioning we are not a backup service, TBH I thought that was already in the terms and conditions, if its not I'll rectify it as its certainly been discussed openly in the forums before now and not something we've ever claimed to be.

Im sorry you've had issues, I really am. I do have backups (2 of them in fact) of all photos posted before the move, its just access to them is not straight forward because of the numbers involved. As I said at the beginning I'm still working towards a solution.

Chris

• Like 1

Chris, sounds like you are having to spend much more time digging on the net than playing Tamiya, I hope that changes in the near future for you.

I got an interesting note sent to me, and I have forgotten the circumstances that got me a "User activation" note in mid June. I haven't used the link with "freshdesk" in the link lingo as I don't want to start out another account or wipe away my account. All things with my current account seem to be working just fine and it would seem about a month too late to reinstate my membership, but I guess I didn't know where I was going or what have you.

If there is someone I should forward the email to, I will do that, or if I should just disregard it altogether, I will do that too.

Thanks for all you do, it must be a pretty hard job keeping up with this many folks.

Chris

The 'interesting' note was regarding closure of a help ticket - they're supposed to just 'close' but they also sent out closure messages to the people that raised the tickets - I got one myself from testing the system early on.

If the situation that caused the ticket to be raised has been resolved, there's nothing you need do, just delete the mail or archive it for future reference

Thanks Andy, off to the archives with it, with all of the other things Dr Jones has logged in over the years. :D

On 5/8/2016 at 3:07 AM, netsmithUK said:

[...] As I said I'm still working towards a solution.

Chris

I've noticed some changes last week. Was that part of the solution you was working on? Is the problem going to be solved?