Was too sure where I should post this, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Ordered a Mabull today for my little lad, got it from Goldstar as they were the cheapest option, ordered it with a Tamiya ESC and a set of bearings and steel pinion gear (19t) Plan at the moment is to run it with the silver can, or that is too fast, switch out to a 55t. Will be using my Flysky GT2B with it.

im after a reccomendatio for a steering servo please? And any other suggestions for what it may require to be a solid basher for a little one.

You could fit cva shocks, I think the DT-03  ones are a direct fit. To be honest I'd leave the standard shocks on, My son and I have broken a few oil filled ones but my little daughter's almost stock chassis is indestructible! Silver can, bearings and that's about it,

I've bought a few of the cheap Carson servos from Ebay, they do the job for a bit of bashing and haven't let me down yet.

Cheap servo and a mod to take the slop out the linkage is about it.

I think they run a lot better on oil shocks but the tyres do a lot of the suspending anyway

I've got a Savöx SC-0254MG in my Mad Bull, but then it is also powered by a "mild" (16.5 turns) brushless motor and runs mainly over rough terrain.

If your motor happens to run hot on the 19T pinion, please try a 17T one.

What do we clàss as running'hot'?

Ive seen the mod to take the slop out of the linkage. That will be done for sure. Ive got a couple of cheap 3kg servos laying around.

Run it flat out for a few minutes ( there is no other way with a Madbull)

Carefully put your thumb on motor, if you cannot hold it there without yelling or requiring a trip to A&E then it is running hot. The motor will have a lot shorter life if run this hot.

are you running LiPo?

Not long ago I built a Madbull also for the kids:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=128727&id=46081 

Upgrades: ball bearings and oil shocks

Motor: stock 540

servo:  Carson Servo CS-6 MG (Metallgetriebe) Waterproof #502041

The car was actually too fast for the kids, so I'd opt for a different motor, or something like that:

PHOTO_20160329_230528.jpg

:)

Speed being ok depends on where you run it. I let my young lad run a clod buster in power mode with a 2S LiPo, but he's running it round in a field the size of 2 football pitches. I wouldn't let him drive it in my tiny garden though. You've get everything you need for it for the time being I think. I bought a set of DT-03 shocks for my madBull, but mainly because I didn't like the squeaking the pogo sticks made. A standard servo will operate the steering without any problems. You will need a battery pack shaped like a NimH battery, as it's not possible to fit a brick shaped lipo through the hole in the chassis.

12 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Was too sure where I should post this, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Ordered a Mabull today for my little lad, got it from Goldstar as they were the cheapest option, ordered it with a Tamiya ESC and a set of bearings and steel pinion gear (19t) Plan at the moment is to run it with the silver can, or that is too fast, switch out to a 55t. Will be using my Flysky GT2B with it.

im after a reccomendatio for a steering servo please? And any other suggestions for what it may require to be a solid basher for a little one.

Allturn waterproof item from modelsport - about £7 before postage - reliable and most importantly for a little 'un, puddle proof !!

Your cheap 3Kg items will do the job for now, unless you want to steer in thick / 3-4" high grass ;)

BanzaiHobby have Yokomo SS48/SS58 motors on clearance - they work out about £12 after SAL shipping to UK from recollection.  48Turn version would slow you down plenty with the 19T pinion.

Tamiya's CR Tuned (35T) motor isn;t hugely expensive from Banzai either; you can re-use it in something else once your little un wants the silver can back in for more speed !

Ill be running nihm.

Waterproof servo is defo a safe idea. As for running it. It will be on gravel and short grass (under 3in).

Oil shocks may come at a later date :-)

You could also reduce the EPA set points on the transmitter to limit motor speed

• Like 1

I dont think the Flysky GT2 has the option to limit throttle input.

On another note.....

It arrived today. Very impressed considering it was ordered Tuesday with the free slow postage option.