Sign in to follow this  
Effigy3

Novak is now a thing of the past

They were top of the line when I was a kid. I remember having a t1 and t4 esc in two of my cars. I also had micro receiver 

• Like 1

Yep , reading this when i got up 8 hours ago . This is what happens when people keep buying cheap esc's motors etc . 

The one's that have set the way will lose !! Sadly & this will be the start of it .

I still buy LRP , Hacker , Spektrum & those company's of old . Yes they maybe not the cheapest , But they work &

the pioneers of what we have today . I'm old school , i grew up knowing these brands & want to keep them around .

Yes it cost's me more , but i don't care ! . I love RC & what it is all about . Enjoyment !  

• Like 4

What a bed news!!! :(

They are outstanding products and i still use them in my race cars.

I still have also an old GTB "Spread Spektrum" that is bullet proof and is still working after years of "battles".

WWD

Despite the indications that cheaper equipment would always undermine any company charging more, the departure of Novak is still a shock. I never purchased any of their equipment (never raced, and "needed" waterproof gear), but I still knew they were a top-quality company producing equivalent equipment. They will be missed.

It has been many years since I purchased a Novak electronic speed control, but I have many of them in my cars.  From the original model "NESC4" which was my first Novak purchase back in April 1988, followed by the 410-M5, 610-HRV, Super Rooster, and finally the Rooster 12T, I've enjoyed the quality and performance of their ESCs for many years.

Then brushless technology came along with the Super Sport 5800 from Novak, and while I was interested in the new efficiency and power, I never bought one.  The high prices of the motors and ESCs kept me away.  It wasn't that I could not afford it, but rather I did not see the value in it for me.  So, I've stayed with brushed ESCs and motors while watching brushless technology improve.

Tonight I finally purchased my first Novak brushless ESC and motor (a bunch of them, actually).  Given that Novak equipment is no longer in production, supplies of new product will dwindle over time from hobby store shelves.  I've always wanted to try out a Novak brushless system, and I guess I figured I had all the time in the world to buy one, at least until now.  Given the situation, I decided to buy now while supplies are still around and discounts are available.

I bought:

• 1x Novak Edge 2S brushless system w/Ballistic 17.5T motor (#3337)
  • 2x Novak Edge 2S brushless ESC (#1851)
  • 1x Novak Vulcan Spec 540 brushless motor 10.5T (#3640)
  • 1x Novak Vulcan Spec 540 brushless motor 13.5T (#3643)
  • 1x Novak Vulcan Spec 540 brushless motor 17.5T (#3647)
  • Various Novak ESC sensor cables (4", 6", 12") for optimizing installations.  (The motors come with 9" cables)

I got the Edge because it was the cheapest and supports Forward, Brake and Reverse (it has to be enabled per the manual).  I got the Vulcan Spec motors because they were the cheapest.  And the Ballistic system was just to compare the Ballistic with the Vulcan, plus the combo was a good price.

I bought more motors than ESCs because I want to try different turns and see how performance changes.  I can always buy more stuff later and it doesn't have to be Novak.

So long Novak, you will be missed.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that Tower will put up a nice sale and I'll be able to get a Pulse.  Since they won't have any warranty it'll have to be a solid discount but I really wanted a Pulse to go with my Impact.

• Like 1

Stumbled across an eBay listing for some Novak track banners being sold by novakrc last week, signed by Bob himself.  Very cool.

IMG_3672_crop-1600_1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm still bummed Novak is no longer in business...  I have several of their Havoc and GTB ESCs, as well as SS Pro, Ballistic, and Boss VTA motors, and they've all been good since day one.

RCmart is having a Novak sale 50% off . 

If anyone is interested . 

• Like 1

[Threads Merged]

I just found out about this while i was trying to order a new speed controller for my Top Force build.  I cant believe they are gone. Itd be like Tamiya folding up.  I hope someone buys their stuff and continues their legacy 😭

Where are you reading this? The Website is up and doesn't say anything. I'm gonna be horrified if the last company making  speak controls in the United States is gone.

Yes, this was announced a few weeks ago, seen it announced on the RC car action web sight. Too bad, I used Novak from the early 90's till mid 2000s. Unfortunately for me had a few of my last Novak ESC's develop issues, but were quickly warrantied. Novak did have the best warranty repair, and turn around. Right now there are so many other ESC mfg's (Tekin, Castle, Hobbywing, LRP) there are many brands that basically fit any budget. But still sad to see Novak go.

This is awful. They used to sponsor me from 1998-2004. I had many meals with Bob. I loved that company and so did Bob. That was part of the problem. His employees were his family and sadly, the sole electrical engineer probably had never seen an RC Car in his life. When the this competition from China coupled with old manufacturing equipment they had, they could not keep up. Things were looking good for a while but now I see he could not stave off the inevitable. 

Bob, thanks for everything. Novak is still all I run. 

28088368181_edcf34f0f5_c.jpg

Glad this is only one of my Novak drawers:

28120701753_78e3353433_c.jpg

• Like 6

i still have an old rooster esc. at one time i had a number of the super sports, havocs and 550 system. one good thing with novak brushless systems was that there was minimal soldering, which i liked.

but power-wise they lost out to many other brands. i suppose there may be other companies following suit in years to come. inevitable in the face of cheap electronics. in the earlier years of brushless there used to be Quark as well, which has since folded along the way.

On 3-8-2016 at 7:56 AM, Pintopower said:

28088368181_edcf34f0f5_c.jpg

The langer I look at thuis, the more my head starts to hurt. 

What IS going on there? O.o 

56 minutes ago, GooneyBird said:

The langer I look at thuis, the more my head starts to hurt. 

What IS going on there? O.o 

What part? The best looking MSC ever or the fact that there is an MSC and an ESC? All my cars that have visible MSC's have them installed with non-op servos (if they are broken) or y adaptors to make them appear working. However, none of my cars have MSC's operational. I hate them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darat76 said:

all that pink and bright orange....

Blue might be Better but Orange is Orgasmic! :lol:

Can't help Ye on the pink & purples though... :ph34r: