Sign in to follow this  
rajw78

non-Tamiya rebuild

I know this is a Tamiya only website but you have all been so helpful helping rebuild my original FireDragon that I thought I would ask about something else.

My brother-in-law has just given me an RC Systems 701GR (http://www.1001modelkits.co.uk/rc-buggy/127996-car-buggy-1-10-brushless-rtr-4x4-vario-engine-radio-2-4-aq-char--1318300618207.html) which from memory of seeing it in action and some youtube videos should be lightening fast so worth keeping. But it needs a good strip down, clean and try to work out what needs replacing/fixing.

However, before stripping down, I like to read the manual and ensure I know what I am in for but cant find it anywhere online. Does anyone know if these types of cars have manuals or do they just come pre-built so that you can use, abuse then dispose.

If no manual, do anyone have any tips for stripping down without one?

Any help/advice would be great

Thanks TwinSet that is perfect. Having taken apart a few things I should be able to work most of it out, especially if I do it piece by piece. My main concern was the screw sizes which the manual does list. I think Ill plan to take the main body apart which I should be able to put back together then see what the gear boxes are like. If they are bad then I might strip them down CAREFULLY!!

Thanks again and if I need any spares then I know where to come :-)