Johndenmark

Lowering body (Super cloud Buster 2012)

Hello my friends:)

I think, i need or have,to buy, a Buster..;)

But i would like, to lowering the body, because i think it would look good, and perpaps be more stabil in driving.

What do, you think. Is this possible?

It is possible, if you play with the body posts and 1) deal with the lower front part that goes just below the grill and 2) change the battery position.

Actually, I've always thought the Clod body sits too high on the chassis, if you look at the original Chevrolet monster trucks from 1986 that inspired the Tamiya model you'll know what I mean:

oLihBPd.jpg

HgwYnZZ.jpg

L8Bd7mf.jpg

:)

If you want to lower the CoG you'd be better off getting a lexan shell rather than trying to lower the existing shell. This will reduce the overall weight as well. If you want to lower the body mounts the best way imo is to shorten them, then screw a piece of grp between the tops of them (using countersunk screws, across the chassis, not front to back), then add a bit of high density foam topped off with Velcro. This then removes the need for body pins, and also supports the body over a wider surface area in the event of a roll over.

yep I have the lexan body and mine handles much better than with the stock body.

9 hours ago, shenlonco said:

yep I have the lexan body and mine handles much better than with the stock body.

Really nice video.:-). It is pretty stabil, in driving, as i see it..... 

I also used the Parma shell. 

DSC_626901_zpsycw7ipb9.jpg 

ofcourse it's not as detailed as the original but it will do fine for bashing. 

The stock Clod has a lot more suspension travel than the original monster trucks, so you really need to take that into consideration. You could replace the stock shocks with some shorter units that will lower the entire chassis and give you shorter travel as well.

Harry

On 7/23/2016 at 8:21 AM, Johndenmark said:

Really nice video.:-). It is pretty stabil, in driving, as i see it..... 

Yes and i have 2 twenty turn motors so it's much faster than stock also.