Sign in to follow this  
Terz1

Editing posts

Hi all I've only recently come back and the site has had a revamp since I was last on. Is there a problem with editing posts from a tablet? I know I should proof read before submittimg them but I've gone back to some of my posts to edit mistakes but when I've finished and clicked save nothing seems to happen? I checked the box that says reason for edit too and gave a reason but no luck.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

I believe there is a time limit on editing. If a user decides to delete all their posts it can, and has, made a bit of a mess of the forums. I'll try and find the relevant

post from the moderater later if I can.

EDIT: Yes, here you are. 14 days apparently. See post about 5th from the bottom of the first page by TWINSET.

• Like 1

Thanks Fuijo. I think I'm doing something wrong then. It's posts I've made minutes earlier so I'm inside the editing time limit. Just trying to edit spelling mistakes and a post were I put the same picture twice.

I'll have another try.

14 hours ago, Fuijo said:

I believe there is a time limit on editing. If a user decides to delete all their posts it can, and has, made a bit of a mess of the forums. I'll try and find the relevant

post from the moderater later if I can.

EDIT: Yes, here you are. 14 days apparently. See post about 5th from the bottom of the first page by TWINSET

There's no limit on edit time, please read the whole thread :)

If editing isn't working on a tablet, I can't help, sorry - I only use a PC to access TC

Any tablet users able to offer advice?

This bit added by phone

• Like 1

Thanks twinset. I'll jump on the pc later and try it on there. :)

2 hours ago, TWINSET said:

There's no limit on edit time, please read the whole thread :)

Oops! My mistake.

I have the same issue, be it on a tablet, Android phone, Windows phone or Chromebook. There seems to be no pattern to it either. Sometimes I can edit, sometimes not. Even the same post - I might try once and fail, try again and succeed. I think it is the forum software - a guitar forum I am on has the same look to it as this one, so presumably runs the same software, and has the same editing issues.

14 hours ago, Terz1 said:

Hi all I've only recently come back and the site has had a revamp since I was last on. Is there a problem with editing posts from a tablet? I know I should proof read before submittimg them but I've gone back to some of my posts to edit mistakes but when I've finished and clicked save nothing seems to happen? I checked the box that says reason for edit too and gave a reason but no luck.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

I have had the same problem , So i have to copy what i want to add & cancel the edit & Start all over  again then i can save .

But that don't always work . 

I also see , if i don't spell a work right & can fix it & click on the word options , But it will add the new word

with the word before ( like How's your day , I want to edit day as i didn't spell it right , this is what it come's out like 

How's yourday ) It adds the day to your , so it becomes one word .

12 hours ago, TWINSET said:

This bit added by phone

I just added that /\ with a Samsung Galaxy - I always view the forum in 'desktop' mode on my phone though, can't stand the mobile/m version

Added this in mobile view

On 25 August 2016 at 9:03 AM, TWINSET said:

Added this in mobile view

Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 6.0.1,  Chrome browser if that matters

My wife's got an iPad, I'll try that later...

[added on iPad 2]

I use Ipad , NOT in mobile mode , I can't stand it on any site .

I can do edits both at my laptop computer with Firefox, as well as in mobile view using Windows Phone 8.1 with Internet Explorer.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:11 AM, TWINSET said:

[added on iPad 2]

Just did that (and this) on a iPad with Safari browser

That's all the mobile devices I can try and they all work.