superted

Marui big bear

Hi

I'm looking for some parts for my big bear

good tyres with no splits etc.

front bumper

if you have anything please let me know

thanks

Tyres are the hardest items to find for these :o I rebuilt one and as we had 2 sets of rims ended up customizing some wheels to suit other tyres :o

mbbbaap.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, superted said:

Hi

front bumper

thanks

Where are you located?

i have a box of spares which I haven't looked in for a while, but shipping something like tyres could be very expensive from South Australia

4 hours ago, superted said:

Hi

front bumper

thanks

The are becoming like hens teeth, and unfortunately are an odd size. Hopefully someone can help you here, but if not I did eventually have luck on eBay.  I ended up having to search worldwide though. I saw nothing really (well that I could get posted to me) for months and then in the space of a few weeks I managed to not only get two sets of tires, but some chrome plated rims as well. So patience is the key.

I found prices from the US tended to be lower (unless I just got lucky) and I didn't pay what I thought was a lot of money (although my wife would surely disagree :huh:). I think I paid about $70AUD with freight for a used set of tires and rims, tires were worn, but no tears. And I paid about $95AUD with freight for a set of tires that look like they've had little use with near perfect chrome rims. This was about 3 to 4 months ago and since then I have seen a couple of more listings.

The easiest way I have found to track items on eBay is by setting up a worldwide search and make sure I followed it with notifications.

Hi guys

thanks for the reply

i just got mine and it's in pretty good shape I will repaint the body and just looking for tyres and front bumper.

any tips or help would be great as I've always had vintage tamiya in my collection but liked the big bear so had to have one.

i am in the uk.

i will keep looking for parts as you guys said 

thanks

Keep an eye on German eBay and Kleinanzeigen there are the usual bears surfacing  now and then.

4 hours ago, superted said:

Hi guys

thanks for the reply

i just got mine and it's in pretty good shape I will repaint the body and just looking for tyres and front bumper.

any tips or help would be great as I've always had vintage tamiya in my collection but liked the big bear so had to have one.

i am in the uk.

i will keep looking for parts as you guys said 

thanks

Hi Superted,

will you be running it or just a shelf queen? If you need a manual I can send you a scan of one. I have two, one for the shelf and one to run (gently!) . The one to run, I'll be adding in bearings (I got them off eBay, will find out what ones I bought), and a custom chassis (only because I didn't have one, so I turned that into a modding project).  There are a couple of threads on modding the Big Bear.

One is a front suspension mod -> http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=86949&id=5224   and http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=87102&sid=5224

I had seen another bearing mod for the rear axles, but that involved lather work. The bears I bought off eBay shouldn't need that. I cam measure them in you are interested.

On 15/09/2016 at 9:44 PM, chevelle said:

Tyres are the hardest items to find for these :o I rebuilt one and as we had 2 sets of rims ended up customizing some wheels to suit other tyres :o

mbbbaap.jpg

Love those modded wheels / tyres combo

Hi

I have a set of four brand new unused tyres. However given the price they sell for I fear you may not want them. They sell for up to £90 on ebay, see item number 282085640808. Mine include two front, and 2 rear hubs see pics. I will sell for £70 as you are in UK.

9cJ4PmDinIsz6hwP7uxgO2TCpWTA7YX52XrGwvBf

Ihr4Ux41ckkWX1r0FxESiyBOw6Rp4pODYfcBuqav

cjr_l8hBkVClzHDfM5NQfTk1GJ_EHopOwdhLJjQF

I also have a pair of front, and pair of rear period vintage Proline chrome hubs which normally sell for about 20 quid each, I will do both axle sets for £30.

dfmR21V50xZEe2piJ43S_YEzxpTNJxmyWncrlhU_

-fOi6XqckM7l84lSgnAV6L1toNFL_ZDmcsIfx4a7

I also have a new in packet front bumper with springs will sell for £25

70rXSFQ7voEd36FA-mIcKOiw29uaRUq1I2U4FnDx

I won't be offended if you choke and tell me to ******* off due to the prices!