FerrisBFW

LandJump 4D rebuild

Afternoon,

I am about to start a rebuild of a almost mint Landjump 4D and was wondering if anyone has any tips or words of wisdom for me?

The vehicle and engine (OS21 FSR) is mint and most probably used once if ever, the reason being it was put together 'loosely' ....  and this has saved it maybe?

So its like new and the engine (after re-inputting factory settings runs a dream).  I have a front suspension limiter ordered from Germany - still looking for the steering limiters LD-51 if anyone has a pair spare ;-)  I have also ordered a stainless nut and bold kit and a new driver/body and sticker set from Marwan.  I have also replaced the clutch shoes for the more modern Kyosho unit.

You might have guessed I will be running this buggy very carefully every now and then, I dont do shelf queens :-)

Any help would be appreciated...

Mark

That looks like my Landjump except mine is brand new still in the box with custom parts that I bought in the eighties.

IMG_2047_zpsf5e4e5e0.jpg

IMG_2053_zps9c0e9f22.jpg

IMG_2056a_zps90cfe3a2.jpg

IMG_2062a_zps9fc38ee5.jpg

IMG_2081_zpseadbea89.jpg

IMG_2086a_zpsdae4c3d9.jpg

• Like 1

Nice.  Build it and run it, you are long time dead to look at a box! ;-)

I remember those Mikuni carbs in the shop I worked BitD..

Love the options you have, I have a couple and now a SS screw set.  I have replaced the clutch for a new one and run it on old radio gear, now to strip and rebuild properly with the options I have.  I am missing a pair of Steering stoppers - LD 51's if you come across any please let me know.

Mark

Take your time. Most stuff ups happen when rushing. The kyosho aluminium pot metal responds well to a tickle of soda bicarbonate ( 50 - 75 psi ). I painted my integra and vanning cages with automotive / marine etching primer then automotive 2K. These buggies can be fun to run, ( go easy ( low nitro and big filter) on the vintage OS21 ) the moving parts, chain etc will last longer if you use a graphite ( non wet ) type of lube. Looking forward to seeing your result.