Sign in to follow this  
Backlash

Members joining forums, without joining main TC site??

I've noticed recently that we have a few new members on the forums who don't show as being members of the main TC website??

The most recent one is member "Tamiya wrc" who joined the forums < 12 hours ago, but if you do a "Find a member" search on the main TC site, nothing comes up for "Tamiya wrc".. Another one was member "speed27"..

I'm just wondering if there is an issue with the forum since the last upgrade that is allowing people to join the forum without joining the main TC site, or is it something that I'm doing wrong??

At present, if a member doesn't have any cars in their showroom they don't show on the main site - it's a newish glitch

Members can't join the forums without first registering on the main site though.

It's being looked into, just not by me - I can't look into nuthin' tonight :D

As you know I was I member on the main site a few years ago but I can not log into my account on main site so I am stuck on here ??? I want to pay and start were I last left off ..

Regards mad maz

1 hour ago, Backlash said:

I've noticed recently that we have a few new members on the forums who don't show as being members of the main TC website??

The most recent one is member "Tamiya wrc" who joined the forums < 12 hours ago, but if you do a "Find a member" search on the main TC site, nothing comes up for "Tamiya wrc

Try it now; http://tamiyaclub.com/findamember.asp

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mad maz said:

As you know I was I member on the main site a few years ago but I can not log into my account on main site so I am stuck on here ??? I want to pay and start were I last left off ..

Regards mad maz

PM me, but don't expect a answer tonight, I'm on the outside of a few :D

I think it was just one of those things that wasn't switched back on after the last mainsite update

I noticed it a few weeks back but we weren't sure who else used it so other things were sorted first.

• Like 1

Tamiya WRC might well be me. I put in about three usernames featuring 'WRC' and each one was said to already be in use.

To be honest, I found it was all a bit tortuous, and then I got my password got mixed up between main site and the forum and ended up resetting it twice.

Apart from that it's lovely!

Potential/taken usernames can be looked up here; http://tamiyaclub.com/findamember.asp (although  that wasn't working until yesterday) but TC's application system won't allow exact-duplicate usernames any way so, unless you went through to the end of the process, the 'other' names won't matter