Sign in to follow this  
gravetxt-1

Unique custom Wheely King for sale on ebay

Forgot to mention my one off in the world Wheely King build is for sale on ebay entitled "HPI Wheely King aka Gauntlet" basically its WK gearbox and axles installed into Kyosho Mad Force chassis plates.

Very trick build with level 3 rc axle mounts and on axle steering servo mounts. Too many upgrades to mention check my listing out on ebay and my build thread in the monster truck forum.

Photos B)

clawing dead done 015 (Small).JPG

clawing dead done 011 (Small).JPG

clawing dead done 012 (Small).JPG

Just don't accept the paypal payment or refund any bank transfer and make up some excuse - it's only a negative on your record. I bid 75 quid just to help the auction along but I expected it to go over 100 easily.

I was going to bid, but I just can't afford to purchase it at the moment :(

also what @Illogical suggests could work, but if the winner is another TC member or clodtalk member that could be poor form....

• Like 1

Ooo :unsure: . I would just go ahead with the sale and accept what it has gone for, not saying you won't but someone suggested you shouldn't. I'm really against some of the things that take place on ebay. If I want a certain amount I put a reserve on it or start the auction at what is very close to what I'd expect for it. Like Darat mentioned if it's a member on here it's not going to go down too well. Really that shouldn't matter though, it's the principle of the matter.

And no doubt it is worth more than the auction finished at. I've seen some of your work and it's top notch.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Terz1 said:

Ooo :unsure: . I would just go ahead with the sale and accept what it has gone for, not saying you won't but someone suggested you shouldn't. I'm really against some of the things that take place on ebay. If I want a certain amount I put a reserve on it or start the auction at what is very close to what I'd expect for it. Like Darat mentioned if it's a member on here it's not going to go down too well. Really that shouldn't matter though, it's the principle of the matter.

And no doubt it is worth more than the auction finished at. I've seen some of your work and it's top notch.

Thank you I appreciate the comment :) no matter what I will go through with the sale I will be posting the truck today. The TC member that bought the truck has never been a paying member and has two posts on this forum.

• Like 1

Correction member has one post in this forum. I wish I had posted my truck for sale in this forum section days earlier big mistake :(

Well at least it's going to a good home and maybe the new owner will keep us all informed finishing the model.

It's always a good idea to post on enthusiast forums when selling anything - you get fewer time wasters and generally a fair price and you don't have to pay tax dodging companies like Ebay & Paypal.

Just the other day my neighbor lost 70 EUR to an ebay seller - it was bank transfer only and they never sent the item. They even put the exact same item up for sale on ebay and some other poor fellow probably got stung too exactly the same. He noticed the second auction, informed ebay and they didn't even remove the listing! They just didn't care. 

The given adresse in ebay was rented and they are long gone from there. He went to the police and they didn't take it seriously at all. He got his lawyer involved and since then the bank account they used has been closed so the lawyer says there's no hope.

These scammers only need to keep moving about and opening bank accounts with fake ID - if they can take just 200 EUR a day through a handful of auctions, they make over 70k EUR a year! Ebay get their cut so they don't care...and the police don't take the victims of the crime seriously as for them it's "not worth following for such a small loss". Probably 70% of those scammed don't even report it to the police.

Yes I hope he finishes the four wheel steering off on the truck and posts an update. Plus being honest I hope he doesn't sell the truck on for a large profit! Put a lot of time and effort into the chassis on Gauntlet.

On 28 September 2016 at 11:30 PM, Illogical said:

I bid 75 quid just to help the auction along but I expected it to go over 100 easily.

This kind of thing boils my *******. It's down to this attitude why eBay has inflated used prices on anything from tea bags to cars.

if you had no intention of trying to win the auction why bid? It's as bad as shill bidding.

an auction will only go as high as a bidder is willing to pay, if no one was willing to bid more than 75 quid, then @Illogical would have won the auction, I would have dropped a hundy on it, but didn't have that at the time of the auction

I do the same thing all the time. I put a bid on loads of stuff at the "I would be upset if it went to someone else for less price" 

It is not I do not want things it is that I do not want to pay market price for them, my wife hates it because often I win a bargain and the loft is full of motorcycle parts

I sure would have paid the 75 for the model - but at the same time I would have understood if 75 was too little and been happy to not gone through with the deal. As it turned out the auction went for more anyway - I put the 75 on well before the end of the auction and was soon outbid.

I personally think that whoever wins the auction must be happy with the price they paid - and generally things go for acceptable to low prices. Of course you can pick up bargains at car boot sales but you have to put the time and effort in to visit them and you may not find anything once there. Ebay is convenient for all involved so if you pay a little more than other options it should make up for it.

I just purchased a big model servo for 16 EUR - did I really need it? No - but it's 80 EUR new and I'll shoehorn it in somewhere.

I've just been outbid on a Schumacher Cat K2 - I already own two K1 Aeros  - but I'd have been happy to take it at my bid. If it's still just over my current bid by the end of the auction I may try and snipe it at the last second...thats generally my startegy bid early up to 80-90% of your real maximum - then go at the last second with the rest if necessary.

• Like 1