Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

editing quotes - problem?

I've had this one several times now, using Chrome on Windows 8, although it doesn't happen every time and my attempts to reproduce it always fail - as in, it works fine if I try it on another post.

OK - so I click to quote a post.  I then do my usual thing of clicking into the quote and deleting all the irrelevant bits, so it's clear what my comment is applying to.

I then try to click out of the quote, into the main reply body, but I can't click there.  It's like the space where the cursor should be has disappeared. I can get above or below the quote - I an only type inside the quote itself.

So I swear loudly to myself, back out of the thread, click back in to try again, and lo and behold, my previous attempt has been cached, so I still can't type my post.

Has anyone else had this?  My only solution so far is to give up and go reply on another thread :P although since most of my posts are inane waffle, this has probably been of detriment to nobody :D

I do have this now & then ? . It's odd , but i can't save as i have edit the post . But most of the time i can . 

It's like the page has not loaded properly & i see we are getting double posts again  ?.  

Same happens here, on an Android tablet. A right pain, seems to happen on other forums using this software too.

I've had this using Chrome on an Android phone over the week. No problem on my iPhone. 

Weirdly, adding a smiley got rid of the unwanted quote box, I could then delete the smiley and start from scratch.

I've had this same problem, thought it was just me *lol*

gonna try to remember the smiley trick for next time it happens :)