Sign in to follow this  
Xeqshnr

1/14 Semi tractor question

I'd just point out that the standard Tamiya diff is 'all metal'. Integy don't specify what metal they are using, without seeing the internals, or finding out if they are all steel, I don't see that they are any improvement over the standard diffs, which tbh, you have to really abuse to break if you're only using standard size 1/14 tires on. The only time I managed to break a ring gear and pinion was when I put 3S LiPo and a 2000KV 1/8 motor through my 1/10 6x6 truck (King hauler gearbox and High lift axles), which was running TLT-1 monster tires, and was much heavier than a standard 1/14 model.

That may be true, but you should be able to guess the kind of abuse Ill put it through lol. I ran across this and was comparing cad drawings between the stock semi housing and the TXT housing. The Integy housing has a removable ring gear from the looks of it. From the drawings I saw, which may or may not be accurate, I think the ring gear side of the Integy carrier and the non ring gear side of the TXT diff would mate up and the overall width would be very close to the TXT diff. Then the plan would be to make a ring gear to mate to the steel drive gear we are making for the TXT, to negate some of the wear on the softer stock ring gear. Some swapping of the internal bevel gears may be in order to mate the axles to the diff. For $25.99 I thought it would be cheap enough to get one to play around with.

Well I cant get this crazy idea out of my head till I try it. If it absolutely cant be done even with modification then Im not out much lol