Ian_Gsi16V

First Digital Radio Set - Servo Help Please

I have purchased a Core RC 2.4 stick transmitter set for a new build for my nephew and now I need to find a servo for it...

Can anyone recommend one? It is going to be a basher so doesn't have to be anything fantastic, a hobbywing jobby would be ideal :)

I had a look myself but it seems like a minefield and I know quite a few guys run the Core set so thought best to ask :)

Thanks  

The TowerPro Metal Gear servos that you can buy cheap off eBay seem to be popular, and would probably be suitable..

Effigy3 recommended these Tactic servos just recently in another thread..

Tactic servos.. http://www.tacticrc.com/servos/index.html

Thread..

Personally, I like to use (genuine) Futaba S3003 servos in most of my runners.. You can also get a S3001 that is ball raced..

• Like 1

That is great thanks, I have always used Futaba myself so will pick up a couple of the S3003 servos.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the Core ? 

I'd been searching for the CR151, that was recommended in another thread, but the closest i got was Otley modelsport would maybe have them in for December! 

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the Core ? 

I'd been searching for the CR151, that was recommended in another thread, but the closest i got was Otley modelsport would maybe have them in for December! 

Fusion Hobbies bud, apparently in stock and haven't had an email to inform me otherwise yet so fingers crossed.

Tamco TAC330 is the same as the CR151 and I think there is a Etroniks version as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Fusion Hobbies bud, apparently in stock and haven't had an email to inform me otherwise yet so fingers crossed.

Fusion wouldnt except my order online (paypal wouldnt go through) 

Phoned them (to check if the order had gone through), told me they had no Core in stock, but informed the Tamco TAC330 was the same (glad it was confirmed here!), so I've ordered one of those. 

I'd give them a phone and chase your order. (Price up the Tamco first though, found it online cheaper, but they advertise a price match).

• Like 1

What is the servo for? Maybe a waterproof one would be a good idea. Also do you want a fast response or a high torque - or both?

I like Hitec servos myself but the Savöx und Tactic are well liked here generally.

11 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Fusion wouldnt except my order online (paypal wouldnt go through) 

Phoned them (to check if the order had gone through), told me they had no Core in stock, but informed the Tamco TAC330 was the same (glad it was confirmed here!), so I've ordered one of those. 

I'd give them a phone and chase your order. (Price up the Tamco first though, found it online cheaper, but they advertise a price match).

Received an email last night informing me they had no stock but will send me the Tamco one instead, fine with me :)

8 hours ago, Illogical said:

What is the servo for? Maybe a waterproof one would be a good idea. Also do you want a fast response or a high torque - or both?

I like Hitec servos myself but the Savöx und Tactic are well liked here generally.

Servo is for my nephews new Stadium Thunder, through and through basher so doesn't need anything too fancy :)

• Like 1

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Ian_Gsi16V said:

Received an email last night informing me they had no stock but will send me the Tamco one instead, fine with me :)

I'm presuming yours has arrived?

Got mine this morning, is the steering meant to be spring loaded to auto centralise? 

Mine doesn't, and 2 puncture holes when the sticks have been rammed through the box, doesn't bode well.

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

I'm presuming yours has arrived?

Got mine this morning, is the steering meant to be spring loaded to auto centralise? 

Mine doesn't, and 2 puncture holes when the sticks have been rammed through the box, doesn't bode well.

I opened the box up and had a look, all seemed fine but tbh, I didn't mess with it that much as it is for my nephews birthday a week today, I think I need to take a closer look based on this though.

• Like 1

I have the RC Core version and 2 friends have the TAMCO, 2 of the 3 of us have had to open up the tx and check the spring action on the throttle. Once back together they have been fine ever since even though we didn't do anything. I am guessing you have the same issue but on the steering.

• Like 1

I did wonder if i should have a look at a repair, but ,knowing my luck, I'd pull it apart, not be able to repair it, then not able to send it back!

I spoke to fusion, and they've said they will replace it, so i managed to catch the last post today (litterally, postman waiting for me in his van outside the office!) .

Checked mine last night, I must be one of the lucky ones as it seems fine so far :)

• Like 1