richb77

Recommend me a cheap receiver?

Gang.

i am putting my kids Chrissy presents together (a pair of Amaroks on the WT-01 chassis) and have gotten them a Spektrum DX2e each.

These came without receivers and I want a couple of dirt cheap units  the Spektrum ones are dearer than the Tx!

Sadly that's more than I paid for two DX2e and shipping would almost double the cost!

Can you not get generic orange ones from hobbyking that work with spektrum?

I thought that and have a couple of orangerx ones from my ill fated attempt at aircraft.  They bind but the servo don't move....I looked it up and it's a common issue with the orangerx receivers.

18 hours ago, richb77 said:

Sadly that's more than I paid for two DX2e and shipping would almost double the cost!

I figured Tower would not be your best source but if there's a local vendor it might be an option.  Of course a compatible, non-Spektrum Rx would be a great choice if such a thing exists.  The Spektrum brand Rx are pretty spendy in my experience.

I've had decent luck with FlySky Tx and Rx.  They typically ship from China but if you can wait the GT3B is pretty affordable at 30-something Euro, Rx included.  The Rx alone sell for 8 Euro.  You could also get the entry model GT2B for 20-ish Euro but most of them don't come with Rx and that pushed the GT3B w/ Rx at 30 a better option.