Pintopower

MIP Super Ball Diff for Tamiya ORV Cars now on Sale!

On 15/11/2016 at 7:04 AM, Pintopower said:

I will let you in on a secret, those vintage telescoping axles may not be vintage much longer. As I mentioned earlier, if we can make this happen MIP has a slew of upgrades coming out. 

@pintopower - is there any updates on further ORV upgrades from MIP? Specifically the telescopic shafts?

Cheers

Rob

22 hours ago, 73robb said:

@pintopower - is there any updates on further ORV upgrades from MIP? Specifically the telescopic shafts?

Cheers

Rob

Well, yes actually. We are working on a diff for the Hotshot family. Since they are very similar the plan is to use as much of the BF diff for the new application. The BF diff, though a good seller, did not blow anyones minds when it came to sales at MIP. Still, it was profitable and they want to see what else we can do to use the diff in other cars.If this is a success, they do wan to look at the axles. Here is the thread:

To be honest, over all the postings, reception has been very poor. It seems that there has been little excitement over more MIP products. If we move forward with this and it fails, then the door is closed on MIP permanently. Still, I am working on it so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

I have all things crossed in hope this comes out . I'm not to sure what info you still need ?. BF gear is 1 tooth 

bigger than the hotshot series . The only good thing is it fits more than just one model & with the bigwig rere'd 

& the re re re boomerang i'm sure it will sell . " OMG " People this needs to be made .. 

17 hours ago, Pintopower said:

To be honest, over all the postings, reception has been very poor. It seems that there has been little excitement over more MIP products. If we move forward with this and it fails, then the door is closed on MIP permanently. Still, I am working on it so fingers crossed. 

I don't have any knowledge to add but I will support this effort if it does move forward. Thank you for your efforts!

• Like 1

I see these have appeared on EBay at US$45 from a well established seller.  I have had this bookmarked at MIP site for ages at US$60 and had been humming and harring over should I or shouldn't I but at $45 it made the decision very simple - buy two. Small packet will hopefully arrive and wife will be none the wiser...lol.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2017 at 9:22 AM, kalsh said:

I see these have appeared on EBay at US$45 from a well established seller.  I have had this bookmarked at MIP site for ages at US$60 and had been humming and harring over should I or shouldn't I but at $45 it made the decision very simple - buy two. Small packet will hopefully arrive and wife will be none the wiser...lol.

Price has since jumped to $72.60us......oh dear. I purchased a couple and they arrived....yay🙂....and whilst they were still at $45 ordered a couple more only to get, sorry out of stock and not getting any more in.......and then refund took over a week, and then the very same week they list 10 more of them at $72.60.    I guess they got their pricing wrong and didn't want any more out the door which I understand......but I don't like the being lied too.😡

11 hours ago, kalsh said:

Price has since jumped to $72.60us......oh dear. I purchased a couple and they arrived....yay🙂....and whilst they were still at $45 ordered a couple more only to get, sorry out of stock and not getting any more in.......and then refund took over a week, and then the very same week they list 10 more of them at $72.60.    I guess they got their pricing wrong and didn't want any more out the door which I understand......but I don't like the being lied too.😡

I spoke to MIP about that and they had no idea how they did that since MIP only sells them direct to keep prices down at that volume. Good news it that MIP is on their third production run of these.