Phil_H

4x4 LunchBox (Rollin Thunder) (Crawler upgrades)

So, it's been about 5yrs since my last post (53mph Stadium Blitzer).... Update on that...err...it broke lots and never got any faster :)

Here's my 4x4 Lunchbox. I bought it a long while back already built and initial runs were not good. Suspension was far to stiff, geometry was all over the place and various other issues. Anyway, I got all the little bits and pieces done, sorted the terrible suspension and it's pretty fun now. 

I'd like to know what Axle's they are?

Hopefully get a video up soon. 

I have it listed on eBay, I'm raising finds for a Hi-Lift (always wanted one, and the price is a bit better now), but I'd love to keep it, even as a Shelf Queen it's pretty cool :)

4x4%20LB_zps5zmp3ai5.jpg4x4LB%203_zpstlt4zglm.jpg

Thanks for looking :) 

• Like 4

I don't know if you can even call that a Lunchbox!  Some kind of custom chassis with a Lunchbox shell. LOL.   It does look awesome though!  I'd love to have one.

Not sure about the axles but the chassis looks like it's from a maverick scout. Just checked mine and the bits I can see look the same. It definitely looks like a mixture of different kits and it looks pretty good B)

It looks a bit like a Lunchbox from this angle  :lol:

4x4%20LB1_zpsqcsmvkbc.jpg

I had 2 Stadium Blitzers, one was a bit of a Shelf Queen with a 9T Brushless and the other was my 'Speed' project with a 5.5T and 3s Lipo. Link: 

It ended up getting completely trashed on the road to 60mph and was not reparable, broken gearbox, chassis, over temp issues etc... And I didn't want to ruin my 'New Build'. So called it a day. 

New Build: 

IMG00505-20120226-1706.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

<must ... resist ... pointing ... out ... tyres ... are ... on ... backwards>...

Doh ! :(

Maybe they're on the right way and it's the body that's on backwards? :D

• Like 1

Yeah I know lol....they were like it when I bought it, and i've not got round to changing them. But now it's been mentioned, they will be swapped before the end of the day haha 

• Like 1

I couldn't bring myself to sell it.

Bought some new wheels, longer shocks, new driveshafts and link arms....also had a spare shell, so made a weathered van.

Update coming soon 

It's my first go at weathering.

I have a Scorcher shell coming this week, hoping to do a better job on that 

IMG_5770.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

• Like 1

I have some fresh upgrades, just arrived from China :)

Longer internal spring shocks, and some longer link arms. Hopefully it'll give it a bit more ground clearance.

So....I now have a little more ground clearance. 

The longer wheelbase has taken it away from the Lunchbox look now, but I think it will be much more useable for a bit of casual crawling, which is the reason I've built it. 

Just waiting for the propshafts to arrive and it's ready for another outing...and then a few little tweaks here and there probably :) 

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

• Like 1