Vrooom666

Vintage or re-re sand scorcher?

I am not sure which which?  can you help,   they are on the way from my 'friend'

I assume this model is early vintage model by fiberglass chassis?? and bonze bushing on front axle,  the side mounts on the front of gearbox casing where it meet the chassis?

are they worth more money than re-re ?

16118369_10212280918962966_1871702979_n.jpg

16128811_10212280921323025_1944525664_n.jpg

looks to be vintage, and they are usually worth more than re-re's but not much more since the re-res release

• Like 1

Its a vintage. Early gearbox casings, brass UJ's, resistor casing etc. The body is a rere though.

The complete 100% original cars with period radio are worth the most. As mentioned above partial cars like yours are not worth a great deal, fantastic basis for a resto/runner though. I've bought several SRB's in a similar condition & built them up/modded them into runners, I love them.

• Like 1

This is my project now..... when it arrives 

Not sure if I will go full vintage or cheap runner? 

I'll make a new thread when I get it 

On 1/21/2017 at 11:58 AM, iluvmud said:

looks to be vintage, and they are usually worth more than re-re's but not much more since the re-res release

I know what you mean. But the value of any heavily used, partially complete, vintage example has never been huge. Including before the remakes came out.

The difference in value between vintage vs remake for a complete Sand Scorcher, or NIB example, is a lot larger of course. I always take the view that since NIB is the pinnacle (the thing everyone wants if they can get it), the value of NIB dictates the respective value of every lesser example out there. NIB is like the starting point for showing the overall difference in rarity/demand.

Right now:

• NIB Sand Scorcher Remake = US$250 on eBay (right now)
  • NIB Sand Scorcher Vintage = US$1900 on eBay last week (sold)

But yes, as you go down the scale (from NIB --> wreck) the price drops, and the margin between original vs remake gets smaller.

H.

• Like 1

The body has a Lexan look about it ,the stickers on the back window ...dunno

The chassis looks vintage though the resistor is a giveaway ,worth fixing up and getting a new body perhaps .

Agree with "H" but then I'm a NIB collector as well .

Stu

• Like 1