Sign in to follow this  
Jason1145

Tamiya Mad fighter DT-01 bought used.

Note to self - DT-01 = 0.8Mod 17t or 19t pinion

Right... thread start...

Absent mindedly bought off Ebay (as in, I didn't need an extra car)  for a pawltry £38.00 inc delivery.... came with a spare chassis as there are cracks on the rear shock mount locations, and the driver figure to paint which I will.

Yet to test the servo it came with but no doubt I'll be putting a waterproof one in it's place, gearbox seems fine and the wheels spin as expected... bar some cobwebs on the front hubs this looks like a decent starter for ten.

This fits in very nicely to join together my Hornet and DT-02 and DT-03....  I can see the evolution of the rear gearbox connectons from the Hornet to the DT01, and then further changes to the 02 and 03.... for that it was worth the ticket price alone.

yDOwgGU.jpg

QW1fCc5.jpg

GavNVc9.jpg

YUfvt6v.jpg

Will give it a strip down and clean up and see where this takes me.

• Like 2

Cool now you have dt01, 02, and 03. :D

Man it seems like a lot of you guys find great deals on little roller cars like this on eBay.. maybe I'm using the wrong keywords when I search.. 

lol don't fret Munchbox, I often just search Tamiya then filter out the new tobleave me with the used stuff and then have to search tons for what I like.. it's hard work.

Yes got all 3 now, never planned that but these trio seem pretty cool cars, 01 buggy, 02 Truck ( Nissan Titan) and 03 buggy again... come on Mr T... I'm waiting for a DT-04?

• Like 1

So this DT01 can take a 0.8mod 17t and 19t pinion just like the DT02 and 03 ( I haven't had a chance to even look at my Mad Fighter yet.

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

So this DT01 can take a 0.8mod 17t and 19t pinion just like the DT02 and 03 ( I haven't had a chance to even look at my Mad Fighter yet.

correct. a 17 or 19 will work on these guys... and nice fighter buggy RX wheels btw.

9 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Selling a 0.8 19t steel pinion if your interested mate

I have a couple cheers anyway ;)

• Like 1

I had this on my eBay watch list but decided not to bid as I already have a Mad Fighter project. Good to see it went to a TC member. Love all the DT01's.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if DT01s are being discontinued in general?  Tower Hobbies recently discontinued the Mad Fighter; they still have the Mad Bull at the moment.  I looked at the spare parts list on TamiyaUSA's site and quite a few parts for both models are discontinued as well.

We can still readily get the Mad fighter in the UK, how old is this DT01 platform? 

I did wonder about the DT01 getting discontinued but then saw the Mad Fighter available in places that didn't have them before so wondered if this had been relaunched. I hope they carry on with the chassis as it is one of my favourites and still massively popular.