Saito2

protecting gold plated wheels

I realize there probably isn't an answer to this question, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Is there any method of preserving the gold plating on Fox/SuperShot/ Monster Beetle wheels when they are used as runners? I don't really have issues with my Monster Beetles but if you look cross-eyed at a Fox wheel, the plating flakes off. I understand the buggies lack that big protective tire that the trucks have, but wow are those buggy wheels fragile. It's tough because the gold wheels are such an important look to those cars.

No solution.

The only solution is to keep the gold plated wheels for the shelf and use normal wheels for running.

Max

Yeah, Max is correct. There is no solution for that. And that's because the plastic of the wheels is flexible while the gold plating is not. And as it's been said, you might just want to keep a nice set of gold wheels for the shelf and just use a set of regulars when running your car.

Interesting to hear that about the gold wheels. If I ever get some for my beetle they'll be for shelf duty. I agree Saito, some of the models just need to have the gold wheels for them to be 'right'.

Use gold PS or TS spray paint over some spare wheels for your runners. You can always re-apply if they get beat up.

Yeah, I figure that's what I'll do. PS might be tougher (although duller) as it's meant to stick to flexy polycarbonate. I don't see why you couldn't clear over PS. I have more trouble with other brand paints interacting with TS.