SteveU30

NEW - Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 ESC

Just spotted Modelsport are about to start selling this ESC for a very reasonable £17.99 (just awaiting stock right now).

Seems to tick all the boxes; 60A, 2S/3S LiPo Support (inc cutoff), BEC, 12T motor limit on 2S, Water-proof, 3 different modes, etc...

What do you all think?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-esc/rc-car-products/382831

• Like 1

Had a few hobbywing products before and always found them good, and at that price i would buy a few to try them out. Thanks for posting link.

Looks like a bargain product if it does what it says on the tin. My problem is that I haven't yet stuck to just one manufacturer of ESC. Each one of my cars has a different make of ESC. I must stop doing that, but now I want to try this new one.

Looks OK on paper - at least you can run it with the more powerful RZ/TZ/BZ motors if the 12T limit is to be believed.

For the money its a toss up between the waterproof modelsport/mtronik units or this lower turn hobbywing - both should be good quality items

I'm interested in the fact that it can be run on 3S. I've got a few models that I run with silver cans, but want to use 3S on them, so this might be a good buy, especially as it looks as if you set it up for straight forward / reverse with no double tap for brakes. This is good if you want to use 2 for driving a dual motor tank.

Just got mine today, initial thoughts are very positive. Packaging is excellent, unit is very compact indeed, very impressed so far!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Mine turned up from modelsport today. Slightly different packaging (box is now white and red). Going to fit it in my DF-03MS tomorrow with a 15 turn motor and put it through its paces. £20.99 delivered next day I couldn't leave it there.

Steve.

• Like 3

I haven't installed it yet but it's far more compact the the Etronix Probe Plus. Got to mow the lawn tomorrow (orders have been issued) before I get to play lol.

Steve.

First run with this ESC and I'm impressed. I fitted it in my DF-03MS running with a 23 turn pinion powered with a 3700nimh. I gave it a ten minute bash around a car park. Motor temp good, esc heatsink fine and really responsive. I chose the f/r/b set up and the braking is very impressive and controlled. I think I'll be purchasing a couple more.

Steve.

• Like 1

Nice one Steve, I've not had chance to try mine yet (too busy doing DIY recently). Can't wait to try it out!

I know things have moved on, but I'm wondering if this ESC is OK to be used with Nicads. I've given my mate a load of my old batteries and now he needs a new ESC. It's either this one or the Hobby King X-Car 45A. I think Quicrun will be better for him though, as it is easier to set up.

Any ESC should work with NiCd and NiMH. It's usually LiPo, Li-Ion and LiFe batteries which needs cutoff features in the ESC.

• Like 1

OK, new problem.

I've just installed this ESC into a Neo Fighter running Core RC Code hand set, HK3100 Rx and Tamiya GT tuned motor.

I don't think the ESC is properly self calibrating.

I follow the instructions, the ESC bleeps as it should, but at full throttle the red LED does not remain on. It flashes as though top speed has not been reached.

I've tried upping the EPA on the throttle, but nothing changes.

Can anyone help? Have I missed something?

Many thanks,

Tony

EDIT: FALSE ALARM. Sorry guys.

Looking at the read out on the LCD on the handset, I noticed a setting called ATL. It was set at 47%. I rechecked the instructions, and indeed, this is one of the things that should be set to 100%.

I have no idea what ATL is, but once set to 100% the the throttle hit maximum. So now I'm happy. And yes, i did miss something! :rolleyes:

What is ATL?

Does the light on the receiver change as if it's lost it's connection to the Tx? I'm having a similar problem on a different ESC and I've had the issues before on yet another ESC but the same 2.4GHz setup.

Hi Steve.

I think I experienced what you've mentioned once or twice, but only with the Core RC blue Rx. The HK3100 RX have given me fault free service.

I do not know why the blue Rx in my Mad Fighter has played up. Since it's not a regular thing, I haven't paid much attention to it.

And now I've sorted out the throttle issue on this ESC, I'm hoping for good results in the field.

I'm sorry I can't offer more info, Steve.

Tony.

Does the light on the receiver change as if it's lost it's connection to the Tx? I'm having a similar problem on a different ESC and I've had the issues before on yet another ESC but the same 2.4GHz setup.

Ha ha, that's Tapatalk for you! I'll have to get some of the HK3100s instead as these blue ones are a bit hit and miss.

They're well worth it. Good space/weight savers, seem to work like a charm, and are only half the cost of the Core Rx from Modelsport.

Hobbyking has more stock in the UK warehouse. I ordered three more on Thursday :)

Anybody who is willing to test if they are really waterproof :rolleyes: , ditch the esc and motor in a tub with distilled water and let it run for a minute or so?

LRP esc claim to be waterproof but I had three that went up in smoke in wet environment (driving in/after rain, puddles and such)

Seems to work ^_^

like that the setting can be done by jumpers.

:D :D guess one could use a couple of those.

there appears to be a twin motor version too.

Anybody else bought and running one of these esc's. I've got one fitted in my df03ms running a 15 turn motor with no problems. I've got a tt-02b and a dt-03 on the bench and I'm considering ditching the stock tamiya esc's (not a big fan) and fitting quicrun 1060's to give me a better option of motors. What are your thoughts/comments.

Steve.

DO IT!

The Quicrun is a far better ESC than any of Tamiya's offerings. OK, so it doesn't do brushless. Big deal. But in can take LiPo without the need for an alarm, is easier to set up, and can take lower winds of motors without grumbling. Also, sellers on Ebay are selling these for less than £15.00. They take a week or so to arrive, but they're a bargain at that price.