europro975

Tamiya M07 & M08?

Just been doing some checking with Hobby Co and they have almost nothing left in M05's & M06's.

I also had them check stock of all M05 Pro's, M05 S-Spec, M05R's, M05 Pro V2 etc. and Tamiya Japan only have a couple of M05 Pro Gold's left.

Does this mean we might see a M07 and M08 very soon. I know there are quite a few new kits due at the end of the (No doubt for Christmas)

Anybody else have any info?

Antony

I'd be surprised, the current models have served a relatively short amount of time really? The M-03 / 4 was around for a considerably long time in comparison.

Perhaps just an overdue shipment?

Very true, but M-Chassis racing as become a lot more popular in the last few years

The M05 has been around 5-6 years and battery and motor technology has changed considerable in that time.

Seeing as the M05v2 has only been out a few months, and they have only recently announced the release of the M05v2 specific chassis, suspension arms and motor mount, it seems odd that they would then announce a replacement chassis before the spare / conversion parts for the M05v2 have even hit the shops.

Saying that there haven't been many M05 non-pro kits released recently, so it's probably due a refresh. It could be a minor update to use a M05v2 chassis on the standard kits so people can use square lipos.

The M06 has had some recent releases, Alpine A110, Pumpkin lowrider and VW Beetle etc, so again it would be odd to release a new chassis when there seems to be interest in the chassis.

They are probably upgrading the kits to the later redesign of the M05 as the V2 has some subtle but quite important changes (Droop screws, Square packs and low profile servo compatibility).

Although I would never put it past Tamiya to do a new kit..

Did my first race with the M05 V2 Pro last night and was very impressed - great turn in compared to the standard M05 (although that could all be down to my set up of course). The chassis is subtly different to a standard M05 too - should have taken some pictures. The whole steering assembly is lower - the front shocks are slightly closer together at the top with some reinforcement inbetween.

I assume as others have said that an "everyman" version of the M05 V2 will soon be upon us...

Did my first race with the M05 V2 Pro last night and was very impressed - great turn in compared to the standard M05 (although that could all be down to my set up of course). The chassis is subtly different to a standard M05 too - should have taken some pictures. The whole steering assembly is lower - the front shocks are slightly closer together at the top with some reinforcement inbetween.

I assume as others have said that an "everyman" version of the M05 V2 will soon be upon us...

It would be good to see what set-up you have, I'm about to race mine soon :)

Nothing radical at all...

• Standard shock positions with TRF 54000 shocks built as per the V2 instructions (5mm ride height)
  • Yellow front springs / Red rear springs (touring car length springs with low profile spring platforms)
  • Low profile Blue Bird servo with all the Tamiya steering hop-ups
  • Xpress XPA-118 55D tyres with Tamiya 60D standard inserts
  • Sport Tuned motor
  • 3300 NiMh battery (no lipos allowed at our club)
  • Tamiya Golf MK1 shell (lots of front end weight lol)

One thing to watch for is the front arms have shock mounts both above and below the arm so there are two sticking out very low underneath - so low that I need to Dremel them off!

Will be interesting to see how the M05V2 holds up in racing (especially if they release a poverty-spec version). I didn't bother upgrading from M03 to pov-spec M05 because, while the M05 racers were ultimately getting faster laptimes, they where having much more setup problems and having to spend an awful lot more on hop-ups to get there.

The old boys who stuck with their M03s had an easier time most weeks and were still competitive over the course of a season, even if they struggled for all-out pace.

If the V2 has addressed a few of the setup issues or generally made it a more versatile (and less setup-sensitive) chassis then it'll make a great pov-spec racer.

As stated M05 V2 was just released. Tamiya is probably doing a second production run on it.

As for M06, I have a feeling a V2 will be out shortly as well