skinned

Stadium Blitzer 2010 Re-re

And I just bought a Blitzer Beetle!!!

Why Tamiya? WHY?!!

You could re-re the Hilux or the Blazer instead!!!

Cool thou with the Monte Carlo Mini!!!

Badboy

is this a rere? or the blitzer shell on a new (DT02?) chassis?

Interesting its the stadium blitzer..and not the Beetle.

well ill get one and put a blitzer beetle or ss bodyset on it.

maybe thats tamiyas thinking too?

I'm almost positive it will be on a DT02. No reason to revive a parts-bin special when you have its successor sitting there waiting. And I'm sure a Beetle version is in the works, but with re-re Scorcher shells so readily available, it would be a pretty simple thing to make your own.

No reason to revive a parts-bin special when you have its successor sitting there waiting.

Parts bin special?! Thats a bit harsh on the old Blitzer. I'm aware the tub came from the Falcon but thats about it isn't it? The rest of the parts on that chassis were all new and was a chassis in it's own right encompassing (or five if you're pedantic). I sometimes wonder why the chassis didn't get it's own designation - by rights it should have been the DT-01.

And besides, I think releasing something which many people regard as redundant comes with the territory with re-releases. You could say why re-release an SRB when there are better buggies out there, or why release the Avante when there are better 4wd buggies out there.

I think this will be on the DT02 chassis like the Holiday Buggy. Other re re's such as the Frog/Brat, Buggy Champ/Sand Scorcher and now the Avante all have very unique chassis designs that just wouldn't work if released as something else.

As for the Stadium Blitzer, Blitzer Beatle and Stadium Thunder there was nothing unique about the chassis, just a basic tub design it was all about the look of the car itself. This look will easily but replicated on the DT02 chassis, in fact if you search TC you will find DT02's with Sand Scorcher re re body's already.

I think this will be on the DT02 chassis like the Holiday Buggy. Other re re's such as the Frog/Brat, Buggy Champ/Sand Scorcher and now the Avante all have very unique chassis designs that just wouldn't work if released as something else.

As for the Stadium Blitzer, Blitzer Beatle and Stadium Thunder there was nothing unique about the chassis, just a basic tub design it was all about the look of the car itself. This look will easily but replicated on the DT02 chassis, in fact if you search TC you will find DT02's with Sand Scorcher re re body's already.

i can see them using the dt02 now too.was initially a bit disappointed with this,but ill still get one.

its a very easy conversion to put a bb body on.mines is here

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...3&sid=10679

Parts bin special?! Thats a bit harsh on the old Blitzer. I'm aware the tub came from the Falcon but thats about it isn't it? The rest of the parts on that chassis were all new and was a chassis in it's own right encompassing (or five if you're pedantic). I sometimes wonder why the chassis didn't get it's own designation - by rights it should have been the DT-01.

And besides, I think releasing something which many people regard as redundant comes with the territory with re-releases. You could say why re-release an SRB when there are better buggies out there, or why release the Avante when there are better 4wd buggies out there.

Both it and the Falcon that preceded it are still my favourite vintage 2WD chassis', despite the earlier incarnations weaknesses, so I'll be eager to see what modifications they make to the DT02 to make a Blitzer (after all it'll have 2.2" wheels instead of the standard DT02 buggy wheels and tyres), and I'll almost certainly make a Beetle out of it.

so I'll be eager to see what modifications they make to the DT02 to make a Blitzer (after all it'll have 2.2" wheels instead of the standard DT02 buggy wheels and tyres), and I'll almost certainly make a Beetle out of it.

The DT02MS comes standard with 2.2" rear wheels. I'm running 9T brushless in my MS with the 19tooth pinion with the option to go to 17tooth so no problems with the bigger wheels. I do remember my Stadium Thunder cooking a 19T brushed motor with the standard 13 tooth pinion.

My regular DT02 has the 2.16" Star Dish wheels, the DT02MS came with the DF03 2.2" rear wheels (I'm selling these and have fitted Star Dish wheels). Fitted to these wheels are low profile buggy square spike tyres.

There is a rather large difference in diameter between the low profile buggy tyres and the truck 'balloon' tyres that were fitted to the Blitzers. Even though both fit 2.2" wheels, the larger tyre requires a different pinion/spur to get a more suitable FDR for the larger overall diameter tyre/wheel combination.

I have the 17T pinion in my DT02MS (FDR 9.33:1), the 2.16" Star Dished wheels and I feel it's still too tall. It's crazy fast in a straight line. After a full battery run of driving hard, the motor, ESC and battery are all quite hot. I would prefer to have a 15T pinion in there to lessen the loads a little. I have a lot of trouble keeping the motor heatsink on the motor. Everytime it does a wheelie the first thing to hit the ground is the heatsink and it gets flicked off the motor. Doesn't help with controlling temps. The DT02MS will almost wheelie as far as the Lunchbox can on throttle.

By comparison, I have the same outer diameter wheels/tyres fitted to my Bear Hawk, Blitzer gearbox with a 15T pinion. The motor, ESC and battery temperatures are fine with this ratio.

Bot the DT02MS and Blizter'd Bear Hawk are running a 4600Kv MambaMax on 7.4v 4000mAh 25C Lipo (E-Maxx steel 32dp pinions).

We'll just have to wait and see what Mr Tamiya does with this re-re. It could be a true re-re or it could come with the more modern Blitzer chassis (DT02). I'll be curious to see how they deal with the ratio problem that I can foresee if they do use the DT02. New DT02 rear gearbox mouldings to use 13T/15T pinions would be the ideal fix and give a better option for the DT02 buggy owners that want to fit hot motors, without them getting hot (pardon the pun).

My regular DT02 has the 2.16" Star Dish wheels, the DT02MS came with the DF03 2.2" rear wheels (I'm selling these and have fitted Star Dish wheels). Fitted to these wheels are low profile buggy square spike tyres.

There is a rather large difference in diameter between the low profile buggy tyres and the truck 'balloon' tyres that were fitted to the Blitzers. Even though both fit 2.2" wheels, the larger tyre requires a different pinion/spur to get a more suitable FDR for the larger overall diameter tyre/wheel combination.

I have the 17T pinion in my DT02MS (FDR 9.33:1), the 2.16" Star Dished wheels and I feel it's still too tall. It's crazy fast in a straight line. After a full battery run of driving hard, the motor, ESC and battery are all quite hot. I would prefer to have a 15T pinion in there to lessen the loads a little. I have a lot of trouble keeping the motor heatsink on the motor. Everytime it does a wheelie the first thing to hit the ground is the heatsink and it gets flicked off the motor. Doesn't help with controlling temps. The DT02MS will almost wheelie as far as the Lunchbox can on throttle.

By comparison, I have the same outer diameter wheels/tyres fitted to my Bear Hawk, Blitzer gearbox with a 15T pinion. The motor, ESC and battery temperatures are fine with this ratio.

Bot the DT02MS and Blizter'd Bear Hawk are running a 4600Kv MambaMax on 7.4v 4000mAh 25C Lipo (E-Maxx steel 32dp pinions).

We'll just have to wait and see what Mr Tamiya does with this re-re. It could be a true re-re or it could come with the more modern Blitzer chassis (DT02). I'll be curious to see how they deal with the ratio problem that I can foresee if they do use the DT02. New DT02 rear gearbox mouldings to use 13T/15T pinions would be the ideal fix and give a better option for the DT02 buggy owners that want to fit hot motors, without them getting hot (pardon the pun).

Must be the difference is in the systems setups. My DT02MS is using the 2.2 with losi mini pins. These have a fairly high profile for buggy tires and balloon up like drag car tyres when going fast. I have a 4300kv hobbywing system fitted with 19T Emaxx pinion also using 4000mah 25C lipo and although it gets between 45 - 50C still within a reasonable running temperature. If ya got a temp gun measure how hot ya motor and speedy are getting.

I don't have the heatsink fitted as I also didn't bother with the alloy mount, I have fitted the motor the same as a standard DT straight against the plastic. Like you said it is fast, maybe too fast and pulls wheelies on command. If I was worried the hobbywing system was getting to hot I could go to the 17T pinion or adjust the speed control taking some timing out of it. This would easily let me run larger wheels, in fact I have a set of Dyna Blaster wheels lying around somewhere, I will dig them out and give em a run. They may be a bit perished though and I fear will disintegrate at speed. Should be funny.

My sons Sand viper has the standard wheels fitted and it is fitted with a Tamiya Superstock TZ, 19T pinion and 4000mah lipo. The only thing that gets hot is the Tamya speed control but it's not designed to run such a motor and the young bloke don't give it a break between packs. Gotta give it credit though even though it gets quite hot it's still going strong. With a 540 fitted this wouldn't be an issue and still have the option of going back to the 17T pinion.

Interesting its the stadium blitzer..and not the Beetle.

Why is that?

People buying the stadium and convert it to blitzer via Sand Scorcher body! :lol:

Badboy

Why is that?

People buying the stadium and convert it to blitzer via Sand Scorcher body! :lol:

Badboy

I compared NIB shells today and really only see the front mounting hole is slightly different. Wouldn't be a hard fix either ....

This weekend I'm going to see if you can put Beetle mounts on either the Stadium Thunder or Blitzer to convert to a Beetle. I'm curious if there is any difference b/w the Thunder & Blitzer that would matter? I rather doubt it, but we'll see.

There is no difference of the chassis. Only body mounts differ and other wheel colours.

I have some NIB Blitzer Beetle shells, body parts and body mounts if anyone is interested in converting.

I compared NIB shells today and really only see the front mounting hole is slightly different. Wouldn't be a hard fix either ....

This weekend I'm going to see if you can put Beetle mounts on either the Stadium Thunder or Blitzer to convert to a Beetle. I'm curious if there is any difference b/w the Thunder & Blitzer that would matter? I rather doubt it, but we'll see.

Amusing :blink: . For years folks used Blitzer Beetle shells on their SRB chassis to create Sand Scorchers. Now, we'll be using Sand Scorcher (re-re) shells to make Blitzer Beetles out of Stadium Blitzers.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

The Stadium Blitzer was after I got out of my first stint in the hobby.

The pictures by the way are definitely the same. I overlaid them onto each other and even the spikes on the tires line up.

Ah, the low-res monster strikes again, cousin of Mr. Blurrycam.

Could be either. The "Stadium Blitzer 2010" bit makes me think new chassis like the Holiday Buggy but...Tamiya USA has been selling new Stadium Thunders (same as the old Blitzer chassis) as a "limited re-re" for some time now. These could just be some "found" left over stock as they still sport the old 3-step MSC in the kit and not an actual re-production however.

Alright Tamiya fair 2010 is up and running but I still can't find any more info of pics of the Stadium Blitzer 2010. Anyone got any more info?

Alright Tamiya fair 2010 is up and running but I still can't find any more info of pics of the Stadium Blitzer 2010. Anyone got any more info?

So then....DT-02? I know nothing about this car but looking at those rear hubs/arms on the 2010 car I'd say it looks like a genuine re-release??

tamiya_fair_2010_09.jpg

header_1.jpg

So then....DT-02? I know nothing about this car but looking at those rear hubs/arms on the 2010 car I'd say it looks like a genuine re-release??

tamiya_fair_2010_09.jpg

header_1.jpg

The front bumper has the same width as the original (which is wider than the DT02 bumper) - It leaved me to think that it is an actual full re-release, not a body+wheel re-release on a modern chassis :P

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58374 (For reference: The Sand Viper)

Even though the DT-02 chassis would have been a natural for an updated Blitzer (with remolded gearcase to allow for a lower gear ratio) I'm kinda glad it is a real re-release. My wallet will get to keep its money for now (until the Avante comes that is :P ) and we'll all have spares for our Blitzer-based vehicles.