mongoose1983

Need info on LRP fwd-only ESC

Well, it happened that when I wanted to give my old Black Foot truck a spin days ago, I come up with this problem. I just don't know a thing about these ESCs. I bought the truck years ago, and the previous owner had this ESC hooked to the Futaba (BEC-ready) receiver, and the truck worked perfectly. Time passed by, and I dismantled the truck to clean and service it a bit, and never seen anything connected to the receiver's "batt" plug. Well, when I wanted to use it again days ago, the truck did not worked. I presume there must be something to do with it, but the ESC has no other cable to match the receiver, and now I am clueless as to what to do. Plus, I don't have a manual or any way to check the model of the ESC (SEE PIC BELOW). What I am trying to do now is to find any info about this FWD-only LRP ESC, and/or the problem I am facing now with my Black Foot not working anymore.

Would be great if someone could explain me a bit or share some link to a manual.

You all have a great Thursday! :)

LRPbfoot.jpg

CONSIDER IT DONE :)

lowclasscc.net/.../l/lrp/IPC%20Sport%20Series%20Manual.pdf/

Thanks, brownvw! Even though the link did not worked, I happened to get a manual from that site. Been reading it, but it doesn't say anything about BEC receivers, instead it mentions problems with receiver's battery in the troubleshooting section.

I remember running this truck without ever using cells for the receiver. Matter of fact, the only RC car that had the older battery that I have ever ran set up was my Super Champ. Am I crazy or there must have been a way my Black Foot worked without having anything connected to the receiver??? :)

:) dont know . I'am having enough problems trying to figure out how to do the electrics on my Ford GPA Seep project :lol: . Waterproof , two motors running independent of each other+ rudder linked to the steering servo ect ect . WHY OH WHY do i do this ???????????? :)

Disconnect the motor wires (you don't want a runaway model).

Unplug the ESC's 3 pin receiver plug from the receiver.

Plug in a battery to the ESC, then turn on the ESC switch.

Check the voltage output of the ESC's receiver plug (red +ve wire and black -ve wire - the white wire is signal).

If there is no power at the red/black wires then you have an issue with the ESC itself, or possibly even at the low amp Tamiya battery connector I see in the picture, or in the ESC's on/off switch.

If there is power in the red/black wires, plug it back into the receiver CH2 slot and then test the corresponding pins (red/black) at CH1 for the same voltage (6.0v).

It may be that the receiver you're using isn't getting power from CH2 like it would have with the old Futaba receiver. Change to a different receiver.

those little bitty switches get gunked up with dirt & stop working too

every LRP i've accumulated came with their switches amputated,

solder/short the 2 switch leads for 'on' permanently = plug-n-go

Or neater still bridge it at the PCB & remove wires.

as willy said, I have three LRP ESC's, all have the switches removed after they started playing up.

Thank you guys. Your help is excellent (as always). I hope to give it another try sometime this weekend. ;)