steponit!

Best Transmitter & Receiver For Tamiya Highlift

Hi good people!

What's the best 4 channel transmitter & receiver for 'Tamiya Highlift' trucks? At the moment I already have (taken from my cars) three Futaba S3003 servos which I intend to use for my "coming soon" truck.... :)

Btw, is the 'stick shift gate' necessary?

Your help/advise, good people, is highly appreciated!!

Thank you

The shift gate is really useful, as once it is set up it means you can't 'cruch' the gears and run the risk of damageing the gearbox. I have an acoms unit and it seems to work fine

I have said it before and I will say it again, Futaba`s 4EX-FM is a great unit for the Hilift.

As far as I know, any old Futaba 3 channel will do. The shift gate cover will do on 4 channel units, but if you find some old three-chan there is a third stick control at the top right corner of the radio that will allow to control the transmission.

Further than that, the old radios looks much better than any of the newer Futabas!

Have a great weekend y'all!

EB

--

Thanks a lot for the advises, really appreciate it all!

I was planning to get a Futaba 4EXA transmitter, a R127DF receiver & a set of crystals and add up all that....it cost more than a spanky brand new Futaba 4GWD!! :( ...........oh, well.... it seems that I hafta wait till my next pay day!

Happy racin' yo' all!

Why would you need crystals and receiver? You can buy the whole set with up to 4 standard servos together.

Like I mentioned b4, I already got three Futaba S3003 servo's....so I need to get a 4 channel transmitter (such as Futaba 4EXA) , a receiver and a set of crystals to get it going. I'm sorry if I confused you.

Like I mentioned b4, I already got three Futaba S3003 servo's....so I need to get a 4 channel transmitter (such as Futaba 4EXA) , a receiver and a set of crystals to get it going. I'm sorry if I confused you.

As far as I understand the High Lift requires a high-torque servo to do proper steering, so seemingly you'll need to get another one.

Regards,

EB

--

May I know what servo you're using?

Actually, I got the kit just yesterday. so I will start the building proccess tonight. I don't have a servo for it yet, but judging from what I been told, S-3003 or S-148 servos just won't do for doing the steering here.

I asked the same questions a while ago. See the thread and the input from them now fellow 3-speeders:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42107

Good luck with the truck and please share some pictures of it when you can!

Regards,

EB

--

i run the standard servo's in my highlifts (all 4) and haven't had any problems yet

Well, that's great news. BTW, have you run it over rocks yet, or just street runs?

Have a great day.

EB

--