Sign in to follow this  
mr crispy

Tamiya JGSDF Type 10 tank 1/16

Looks impressive. I wonder if the commander and gun come with it or if they will be optional extras? I would imagine we are looking at 2a6/JS2 money with this one...

Tamiya sure knows how to display thier products.

Would be nice if Tamiya would team up with airsoft to get the gun to fire instead of a light fash.

The amount of detailings are the nicest so far , except the anti aircraft version is still the nicest in my book.

The main problem with BB tanks are they're not great for accurate scale as it means the barrel is often made too large to accommodate the BB. Also they either have to fire at low power to avoid causing injury which makes them virtually unusable or the power gets ramped up and starts blowing chunks off your opponents tank... which at £700+ a go won't make you very popular.

• Like 2

The main problem with BB tanks are they're not great for accurate scale as it means the barrel is often made too large to accommodate the BB. Also they either have to fire at low power to avoid causing injury which makes them virtually unusable or the power gets ramped up and starts blowing chunks off your opponents tank... which at £700+ a go won't make you very popular.

their great for keeping the next door's cat from using your garden as a loo though :lol:

Me = want.

Want = get.

Therefore, me get.

:)

Lol, So much for the RC hiatus huh, Chris? B)

• Like 1

Heng Long's tanks barrel all look scale to me and just run the tank in yours yard and you'll have missing pieces off the tank. And anyone start shooting at some elses tank or rc without the other party consent is asking for trouble . Besides, the bb velocity will be no where near that of an airsoft gun. Injury is possible if hit in the eye, but so will a rubber band. I for one will not let my 5 yr old play with it without my supervision, not even $100.00
wild willy. But the thought a tank that packs a punch seems more fun than a flash.

Would have preferred to see a British tank making an entry into the range.

Come on Mr Tamiya, plenty to choose from - how about a Churchill / Chieftain / Centurion / Challenger / Cromwell / Crusader ???

Lol Martin, I think you could build a better super heavy out of alloy B)

I would have bet money on them bringing out their own tank before a british tank, we have to remember that Tamiya will supply what their home country wants before what anyone else asks for, and unfortunately (and I don't say this to ruffle any feathers, I am ex-pat remember) when 99% of the world thinks of tanks, most look to the last world war, and the bread (in the eyes of much of the world) of ww2 were the Germans, Soviets, and the Americans... the UK have built a lot of remarkable tanks throughout ww1 and ww2, and Tamiya have brought out a number of British models in smaller scale, so the dimensions are all there... so a brit tank is certainly on the cards I am sure.

As long as it's not a mk4... :ph34r: