McWizard

F350 Highlift increasing ride height

hi there,

I have a F350 highlift looking to increase ride height as the 2.2 crawler wheels snag on bodywork ever so slightly when steering is hard lock left or right. I don't want to cut body would prefer to increase ride height. is there an off the shelf solution?

cheers

How about giving it a "body lift" by placing some spacers between the chassis and the floor.. You could do a similar thing with the hinges for the tray to lift it...

Backlash is correct. No other easier way to do that with the F-350 than body lift. Now, if it was the Hilux you wouldn't have had to go through any mods as those take the 2.2 right away no mods required.

Another option is to fit axle spacers to move the wheels out, but this will add to the monster truck look. Personally I quite like it - it adds to the stability too...

Another option is to fit axle spacers to move the wheels out, but this will add to the monster truck look. Personally I quite like it - it adds to the stability too...

yep done that looks good but snagging on runners ever so slightly

I've got axle spacers and the body is lifted on mine - sounds like you'll need the same. As the guys already said, you just need six equal length pieces of aluminium (or similar) tube, and some longer bolts. Mine spacers are about 25 mm long I think...