Sign in to follow this  
Frog Jumper

Help IDing ORV front wheel

$_12.JPG

I saw this car on FleaBay... Can anyone identify the brand and model # of the front wheel???

For the rear, I'm going to guess standard Tamiya BF or Proline wheel... But what is the front???

Thanks,

Terry

For me the front tyres are Proline waffles and I would say the the rears too, the rear rim's are BF for sure but I couldn't say for the front rim's . At a guess Proline :blink:

WP_20131201_001.jpg

For me the front tyres are Proline waffles and I would say the the rears too, the rear rim's are BF for sure but I couldn't say for the front rim's . At a guess Proline :blink:

Yeah, "Waffle" tires on the front and Pro-Line "Striker II" tires on the rear...

I currently have the Striker IIs on the HPI rims on the front of my Frog...

Thanks,

Terry

Yeah, Proline for the rim. They produced a lot of one piece rims for early Tamiya in the day in that star pattern and in holed. No idea why they weren't as popular as other rims from the period. Maybe rims you had to glue you tyre to were too much like sorcery for peeps back then lol

Yeah thanks for that! I've found some vintage rims on Fleabay and you're probably right that they are old-school (and unavailable) Pro-Lines...

The quest continues!

Terry

What do you mean by ''the quest continues'', you want to buy those wheels?? I have a set of those, but they were made for Falcon/Striker/Wild One. Definately Parma, mine have the same 5 spoke design but the fronts dont have as much offset as those on the Frog in the pic

What do you mean by ''the quest continues'', you want to buy those wheels?? I have a set of those, but they were made for Falcon/Striker/Wild One. Definately Parma, mine have the same 5 spoke design but the fronts dont have as much offset as those on the Frog in the pic

I'm looking for Front Wheels like that, and the pix shows Rear...

Terry