Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy pants

Blazing Blazer Re Release?

How likely do you think this going to be?

It couldn't possibly be true to the original could it?

Which is heavy, slow, fragile and has to be at a stand still to change gear!

Surely the original is only so scarce now because it wasn't that popular and now has a sort of urban myth about it.

I've got a B.B and it's very nice and all that, but it is agricultural at best imo.

One just sold on eBay that was complete with a repaired shell for £1000, which strikes me as a bit mad.

I'm really happy to be educated, I must be missing something, I'm intrigued.

Lots of questions, sorry!

G.P.

If it comes back I'd bet your left testicle on it being on the rere bruiser/mounty chassis! Wouldn't be such a bad thing though?

• Like 1

No re-re has ever been true to the original.

The Hornet, Grasshopper, Pumpkin, and Lunchbox comes to mind as pretty much like the original, but even those have small differences, and different decals, too. If they re-release the legendary Blazer you can be 100% sure they'll come up with more rubbish detail like the "fighter" name, or some anachronistic-looking new bit. <_<

• Like 1

How likely do you think this going to be?

It's fairly likely. The real question is "when", rather than "if".

A re-release will undoubtedly have the new Bruiser/Mountain Rider transmission, shoehorned into the old Blazer chassis. They won't simply mount the Blazer body onto the entire Bruiser chassis though...that would be cheating and they know it.

The Tamiya Fair is in 3 weeks time and there will be new releases announced for it very soon. Whether we get yet another re-released classic so soon after the Super Champ is doubtful IMO. I don't see the Blazer coming yet though, after all they have only just brought back the Mountaineer 3 months ago so I think it will be another 18 months to 2 years away.

• Like 1

It'll be re-released on the DT02 chassis obviously. Stardish wheels, 2WD, front shocks sticking through the bonnet - why not?

• Like 5

It'll be re-released on the DT02 chassis obviously. Stardish wheels, 2WD, front shocks sticking through the bonnet - why not?

I would have thought the TT-02B, surely? Star dish wheels, 4wd, with friction shocks sticking out the speed holes in the bonnet. :P

• Like 1

If it comes back I'd bet your left testicle on it being on the rere bruiser/mounty chassis! Wouldn't be such a bad thing though?

Thats nice of you to bet someone else testicle. :lol: I agree with your assertions with the Bru/Mty chassis, but likely shorten the frame to fit the body. The optional shocks for old Hilux and Blazer chassis were more for looks than function. Mind you, need to check, I think all the old 3 spds have the same chassis. Need to check.

• Like 1

Tamiya 1/10 the Hilux and Blazer had same chassie (solid aluminum ladder) wile Bruiser and Mountaineer had different chassie (open rail/ladder)

Why did Tamiya design new motor/trany with new chassie mount?

For Lorrys? A new 4x4 truck?

I think I heard that Tamiya Anderson are on it every day 'bout re-re the Blazer or at least the body :D

Badboy

• Like 1

I am so hungry for a blazer re-release!.. l hope that tamiya do the original chassis closely as is..its an iconic chassis set up.. i hope so..but if a bruiser chassis was desirable.. it would be like a holiday buggy not being a holiday buggy, no disrespect tamiya :)..

• Like 1

I look forward to the blazer re release even with the re re bru/mty chassis modified to fit it.

• Like 1

I for one am glad that the re-re's are very close to the originals without being exactly the same.

The re re's have been improved in most of the key area's and are therefore better than the originals whilst

maintaining the overall charm and character that the originals had.

Bring on the Blazer in 2015 Tamiya.

• Like 3

I would have thought the TT-02B, surely? Star dish wheels, 4wd, with friction shocks sticking out the speed holes in the bonnet. :P

Both wrong. The Blazing Blazer is confirmed to be re-released on the Boys' Racer chassis. 4WD, the fixed suspension guarantees a minimum of maintenance, 380 type motor for increased runtime, battery compartment only accepts LiFe 6.6V batteries.
  • Like 1

Thats nice of you to bet someone else testicle. :lol: I agree with your assertions with the Bru/Mty chassis, but likely shorten the frame to fit the body. The optional shocks for old Hilux and Blazer chassis were more for looks than function. Mind you, need to check, I think all the old 3 spds have the same chassis. Need to check.

Hey he was the one asking the question :P

• Like 1

Well I could sure use some tires for my Willy's so +1 on the rere

• Like 2

That would be great if they re release sometime.. Maybe is should start painting the extra bodies i have sitting around or just sell it sometime.. :)

• Like 1

Just the body kit would be fine with me. I'd build a cheaper, more capable chassis to go under it; maybe that Gmade one that comes with the ugly not-quite-a-Jeep body... although I seem to recall that the Blazer was supposed to be the "affordable" 3-speed. If it came out at a price that was competitive with RC4WD's recent trucks, instead of twice as much like the Bruiser, I'd have to seriously consider a whole kit.

• Like 1

Just the body kit would be fine with me. I'd build a cheaper, more capable chassis to go under it; maybe that Gmade one that comes with the ugly not-quite-a-Jeep body... although I seem to recall that the Blazer was supposed to be the "affordable" 3-speed. If it came out at a price that was competitive with RC4WD's recent trucks, instead of twice as much like the Bruiser, I'd have to seriously consider a whole kit.

Got agree about that butt ugly jeep and nothing special chassis all by Gmade.
On the other hand i am not sure how re release of blazer or hilux could be much cheaper than the cheaper re re mounty.
When, notice i used when?, the blazer and hilux are released the frame will be a modified bru/mty chassis, solid al. frame willl not be cost effective and weights a ton.
  • Like 1

I hope Mr. Tamiya re-release the body of the blazing blazer. I hope.

• Like 1