KalEl63

Frog Chassis Chromed

Ok so my next Tamiya project I’m looking to do is a rere Frog.
(haven’t done much Tamiya stuff as I have been busy racing)

However I want to customize it a bit and have been seeing how rare a chrome chassis is and they seem that, very rare.
So my question is will the plastic that it is made from be able to be chromed like the plastic parts in automobiles?

Cheers
Dave

• Like 1

I would send Jak Rizzo a pm, I believe he gets a bit of stuff plated and he might be able to steer you in the right direction or even put you in touch with his guy.

That's one of the names I was trying to think of Dave, also some of the other Boondall Qld boys like Mad Racer and Redzone

Club member Paul - aka 'loaded' - used to get new parts chromed , might be worth an email

Is the BRAT chrome edition still available ? That kit has a chrome chassis in it, so that may be a way to get one.

Then use a red or blue chassis with the chrome BRAT body .. that's what I planned on doing.

Cheers for the info guys and I will make contact with them.

If I decided I wanted to paint it black what paint would stick to it?

still getting the colour scheme sorted in my head and have 2-3 options I'm thinking of

Hi mate, I have a local place on the sunshine coast here in qld I can get stuff plastic chromed. I don't know how much the chassis would be to get done but to give you an idea I had a set of 1.7" rough rider rims done for just under $40. If you want to send your chassis and any other bits to get done just let me know.

• Like 1

there's a chrome brat body on the bay now for $40...........

I sprayed my runner Frog chassis satin black . I washed- it flatted what I could - plastic primed it and then hit it with a few coats of satin black enamel , seems to hold up alright

Cheers for the info guys and I will make contact with them.

If I decided I wanted to paint it black what paint would stick to it?

still getting the colour scheme sorted in my head and have 2-3 options I'm thinking of

I like the Avatar Dave :)

• Like 1

Tough to find but Custom Chrome Products sold a chrome frame for the Blackfoot, bought 1 back in the day.

The Brat Chrome chassis comes up on EBAY every once in a while... They usually go for about $75... At that price, I'd almost rather buy the Sassy Chassis repro being sold on EBAY (sicnmeproducts).

There was a Bush Devil blue ORV chassis (converted to Blackfoot) on EBAY recently, but it sold... Not sure how much...

I went with a $10 grey re-re one on my rebuilt Vintage Frog...

Terry

• Like 1

I have a full CCP chrome chassis under my Blackfoot. Many of the parts were new when I pulled from the bags myself and overall the Chrome finish is just mediocre. They were so busy chroming parts back tin the 80's that the quality control is almost non existent. The brat chrome chassis is really nice and worth the $75.

frog.jpg

• Like 1

I have a full CCP chrome chassis under my Blackfoot. Many of the parts were new when I pulled from the bags myself and overall the Chrome finish is just mediocre. They were so busy chroming parts back tin the 80's that the quality control is almost non existent. The brat chrome chassis is really nice and worth the $75.

frog.jpg

That's a hawt rig...

What kind of wing is that??? Old school Hop-Up??? Custom??? Its beautiful!

Terry

The Wing is a vintage one from Dirt Burners. Bought it from a Japanese seller many years ago.

Hi, can you please give the lenght of the front damper, center hole to center hole?

I have the same damper mounts but not dampers yet.

Thanks.

Max

frog.jpg

Well at least I have options for when I get the kit.

I'll keep an eye on eBay too

Likewise as you know me won't be box art (not that I have anything against box art)

Likewise as you know me won't be box art (not that I have anything against box art)

I'm totally digging that chrome chassis. Looks sweet.

Reminds me of that gorgeous M05 you had...

Cheers for the heads up and I will wtach that one plus keep an eye out for others.

Once I get the kit (which has been ordered thru my LHS) I will also take the parts to a local place that chromes plastic parts to see what it will cost.

plus all the other options people have given me which is great.

Gotta love this forum with the help people give

I have got stuff off crunchy550 & is a good Ebayer .

The chrome looks good , May have too look at a chrome MB re re :lol: .

• Like 1

Got mine from a Brat kit with it included a few years back...

mAb1gMd.jpg

• Like 9

Nice Frog and I have tossed that idea round my head in buying a chrome Brat kit as I would like a Brat too.

Still trying to figure out the final look in my head to what I will do.