Malakite

TEU 101-BK speed controller issues

Any ideas? The steering works but for some reason I have no forward or reverse? I have tries resetting the speed controller via the set push button but its still not working? Am I doing something wrong? I expect its really obvious but I am not sure what??

1. What receiver do you use (brand and model)? Does it have a BEC feature?

2. How did you connect the ESC and receiver together?

3. What motor do you use and is it properly connected to the ESC?

Hi Greg - thanks for responding!! (LOVE the Hornet shot in your Avatar btw!!) :-)

OK currently it's just the standard Tamiya 540 can. The Receiver is a 'hitec' HP-2RNB? Usual one with 'Batt', 'CH1 and CH2'.

Any ideas??

There is a steps to follow to set up ir forward and reverse function.

1-press the set till the light blinks.

2-press set and full throttle forward on ir transmitter till beep sound .

3-press set and full throttle reverse on transmitter till beep sound.

Done.....

I have tried this but the light just keeps flashing fast all of the time and the wheels do not move forwards or backwards at all??

Does not make any sense - if you hold the set button down, it does the intermittent 2 flashes at a time, then after a couple of seconds it just flashes fast continuously all of the time and doesnt change no matter how many times you the push the button again whilst trying forwards and backwards etc??

Have you checked the wiring to the motor? Had I similar issue once and after a lot of head scratching it turned out one of the motor wires had broken off at the motor post (it was a 2nd hand rebuild).

Hi Greg - thanks for responding!! (LOVE the Hornet shot in your Avatar btw!!) :-)

OK currently it's just the standard Tamiya 540 can. The Receiver is a 'hitec' HP-2RNB? Usual one with 'Batt', 'CH1 and CH2'.

Any ideas??

Many thanks! :)

The Hitec HP-2RNB has a BEC, so there's no trouble with the unregulated battery voltage coming from the TEU-101BK speed controller.

Try plugging the ESC into the other channel on the receiver to see if the throttle will program using the steering control. If it will then the problem is with channel 2 on the receiver, if it still won't then it's either the ESC or the motor (process of elimination).