Sign in to follow this  
Zac_F83

SC10RS SCT truck build/race blog

some of you know I was looking for another SCT and was looking at a Slash 4x4 Platinum. Well I just bought a SC10RS instead with the advice of a few on here and figured I'd start a thread for it - in my start a build thread before I get the kit form as usual LOL

This truck comes RTR w/ a 3300kv brushless motor/ESC combo , 2.4ghz radio - 2wd - Jconcepts soft compound rear tires, and I got the Rockstar Makita body version - The RS also comes with a few things the standard RTR doesn't - aluminum shock bodies -pretuned with springs/oil, Jconcepts rear tires, and brushless setup.

I ordered with the truck -

Jconcepts 79 Ford body
Jconcepts overtray
Jconcepts 84t spur gear
Robinson Racing 48p pinions (20/22/24)
AKA Gridiron S3 tires
HPI mk.8 2.2/3.0 SCT wheels
MIP ball dif kit
pair of Dean's female plugs for my battery

What my next order will be -

RJ Speed interior
AE Factory Team front and rear spring kits
AE Factory Team blue 12mm hubs
AE Factory team Titanium turn buckle set
AE ESC fan
RPM rod ends (Black)

I have wanted to drive on a RC track since I got back into RC's a few years back and haven't done so yet - First plan is to check the truck over very well, solder the deans on the battery and fly it up and down my road/yard a little - then off to the track on a Saturday! maybe bring a couple upgrades like the new wheels/tires with and see if it'll make a noticeable difference!

383529_03.jpg

review-team-associated-sc10rs-chassis-sh

Cool! I used to have the Pro Comp RS, very nice truck out of the box.

I used to race against other sc10's and a 4x4 slash on 3s while we were only on 2s, it was a short, tight, technical backyard track so very competitive.

The only real downside to these is the dreaded parachute effect.

Still a fantastic truck and looking forward to your shared experience with it B)

• Like 1

I see that's awesome performance out of the box for sure! I'm excited to get this one! I was looking at a Slash 4x4 Platinum and have had 2 2wd Slashes and sold both.. this one though has everything I want - main thing being brushless power - second LCG

Got the truck and went and broke it in on a dead 2S battery yesterday haha - it's fast fro sure - I went up to a 20t pinion and I am going to gear it lower I think as it may be to slow in the low rpm range for a track - I got the new wheels tires mounted but not glued and found they're to wide for the stock body SO I stayed up and trimmed/ mounted the 79 Ford body and took a teaser pic..

I had to trim the plastic 12mm hubs to get the tires to not rub in there travel and I'm betting they will rub when the front is turned either way... I want clamping hubs anyway so Jconcepts one's will be ordered (front hubs for the front and rear) adn the front's will get a good shaving down to at least 4mm thick

SC101_zps79f98baf.jpg

Well got a lot done to the body - pretty much done - looks pretty good! Wish Proline still made the SCT truck interior - I made one but need a 1/8th scale driver as the 1/10 driver I have looks like a 5yo kid in the truck haha

Let me know what you think!

SC102_zps68671031.jpg

• Like 1

That looks awesome! :D I love the nod to the scorcher, well done!

You're going to have fun with this! B) (I am jealous and secretly hate you haha)

Fantastic!

• Like 1

That looks awesome! :D I love the nod to the scorcher, well done!

You're going to have fun with this! B) (I am jealous and secretly hate you haha)

Fantastic!

HA! Thanks! That is the left over number from my SS kit - I cut the "forward" decal off and found a perfect fit Ford oval and put in it's place - kinda puts the size of these trucks in perspective - the Red/Orange/Yellow stripes are from the HPI 79 Ford F150 body kit that was left over as well - Color is Tamiya Light Blue, backed with White - Then Black

it kinda became a impromptu tribute to the Tamiya Ranger SRB haha

Gotta find a light weight 1/8 scale driver for the interior I made as well then tape the whole underside of the body

I change the windshield banner - peeled it up as it was 3-5mm off center - put 2 smaller Jconcepts decals on each front fender top - not sure what to put for the windshield banner..

Ford-Ranger-524x314.jpg

I made my final order for this truck -

AE tit. turnbuckle set
AE tit. .630" turnbuckle
AE .187" x .500" bearings
AE front spring kit
AE rear spring kit
AE rear sway bar
AE ESC fan
Robinson Pro Aluminum 48p 15t/16t/17t pinions
RPM 4-40 Black rod ends
RPM front and rear lower arms
RPM front bumper
RPM rear axle carriers
Jconcepts front 12mm clamping hubs (got 2pr for front and rear)
STRC aluminum front hinge pin brace
RJ speed interior
I also have the MIP ball dif that will be installed at the same time as these upgrades

Had a crappy day and splurged - got a Tekin RS gen2 and Redline 10.5T combo for the truck today!

Love this thread with lots of parts being ordered :-). I like parts, lol.

Thanks! haha ya I'm gonna try my hand at open class 2wd racing over the winter.. lost the instructions for the MIP ball dif though :( BUT got the front end all swapped out (titanium turnbuckles, RPM arms/ front bumper, and STRC aluminum hinge pin brace)

Got the rear half done - got to assemble the ball dif and install it in the trans and put it back together! Then on to detailing the RJ Speed interior for the Ford body and tape that up so it's finally done

Also seen AE installed the 3.5* toe hinge pin mount which is a little much to me and they included 2.5,3.0,3.5,4.0 and 1*,2* rear caster spacers - which I left the 1* plate in and installed the 2.5* pin hinge pin mount

The Tekin RS2/10.5T setup will be here Monday - and also scored a Savox 1257TG servo, Black aluminum servo arm, and another pair of SC10RS rear race wheels/tires for the truck so those should all be here Tuesday-ish.

I decided instead of buying another body to race it as the Ford is to nice and the wheels are illegal (they have 4.5mm offset (9mm total) AND 3mm (6mm total) is the limit - the stock kit wheels have 3mm each) - I'd just use the Rockstar one it came with as well as the wheels/tires the truck came with (Jconcepts tires in rear - and bought another pair brand new for $20 shipped for the fronts)

The new ESC,motor, and servo came today!

Tekin RS Gen2, Redline 10.5T motor, and a Savox 1257TG titanium gear servo (servo bought used)

SC10Tekin_zps60172518.jpg