Sign in to follow this  
shenlonco

Blitzer beetle brushless set up waht do you think?

Hi Guy's going to install a 2050KV motor brushless system in the blitzer beetle don't want it much faster than stock think this will be a good set up?

Thanks

Shen

• Like 1

I had a 4600kv in mine, 2s was good fun, 3s was insane. (40mph at half throttle and still pulling wheelies with a flick of the throttle.)

2050kv should be pretty tame, but if that's what you want?, go for it.

I had a 4600kv in mine, 2s was good fun, 3s was insane. (40mph at half throttle and still pulling wheelies with a flick of the throttle.)

2050kv should be pretty tame, but if that's what you want?, go for it.

a 4600KV that think must have flew! I have other tougher modern RC's for the speed thing.

only want it to go a little bit faster than stock.

To be perfectly honest, I have broke it again, but in my defence it was on 3s.

The wheel sheared the hex hub, so not too bad.

Speed greed :D, 2s is good fun but I always want more.

Hi Guy's going to install a 2050KV motor brushless system in the blitzer beetle don't want it much faster than stock think this will be a good set up?

Thanks

Shen

that should be just about right for slightly faster than stock

Sounds good to me too. When used with a 2s LiPo battery, you've got a very efficient system here which provides lots of runtime (nearly an hour on one 4000-5000 mAh battery I guess), good acceleration, decent top speed and a maintenance free motor.

• Like 1

Thanks guy's

I put the 2050KV in and I measured the RPM at the rear wheels when off the ground first with the stock 540 and then again with the brushless set up and the brushless set up seemed like 200RPM slower at the wheels But I am thinking because it has way more power than the 540 it will push it faster even if it had a little less RPM.

looks like it's pretty darn close in RPMs to the 540 also when I measured them both out of the car they where almost identical in RPM.

• Like 1

Thanks guy's

I put the 2050KV in and I measured the RPM at the rear wheels when off the ground first with the stock 540 and then again with the brushless set up and the brushless set up seemed like 200RPM slower at the wheels But I am thinking because it has way more power than the 540 it will push it faster even if it had a little less RPM.

looks like it's pretty darn close in RPMs to the 540 also when I measured them both out of the car they where almost identical in RPM.

let us know how it performs - interested to see if you notice any improvement over brushed .

With the increased torque of the brushless motor, it should work better under actual load than the RS-540.

• Like 1

With the increased torque of the brushless motor, it should work better under actual load than the RS-540.

I agree Greg . In theory it should work better with the added torque but it will be interesting to see how well it actually improves performance

Hi can't go out and test it we got a blizzard here in NJ the other day!!
I did give it a go in the house and lets just say it does wheelies now! :lol:

• Like 1

Hi can't go out and test it we got a blizzard here in NJ the other day!!

I did give it a go in the house and lets just say it does wheelies now! :lol:

Excellent lol . If it's a bit wild just turn the punch down if its a option .

well I just set my ESC to #1 softest start up speed and did a test.

I used my watt meter and recorded how many amps the 2050KV motor pulled from a dead stop and flooring it on carpet.

it pulled 22.amps 155 watts! and that was using a 7.2 nimh pack.

Just held up in the are floored it was pulling 24.5 watts of power... these brushless motors are true 540 size motors unlike those 380 finned ones that draw way less current.

with the power I can probably use the optional bigger pinion gear to gain more top speed if needed.

I don't recall the 2 pinion options for the blitzer I know I installed the smaller one that you can use.

• Like 1

well I just set my ESC to #1 softest start up speed and did a test.

I used my watt meter and recorded how many amps the 2050KV motor pulled from a dead stop and flooring it on carpet.

it pulled 22.amps 155 watts! and that was using a 7.2 nimh pack.

Just held up in the are floored it was pulling 24.5 watts of power... these brushless motors are true 540 size motors unlike those 380 finned ones that draw way less current.

with the power I can probably use the optional bigger pinion gear to gain more top speed if needed.

I don't recall the 2 pinion options for the blitzer I know I installed the smaller one that you can use.

i think the larger pinion is a 15t if i remember correctly