Sign in to follow this  
Sandster

What battery and charger please

Hi, I just had a TT02 integrale delivered and it has everything to run apart from a battery.

The car has a photon sbs 2.0 3300kv 12.0T motor and etronix esc fitted. I don't think I want to go down the Lipo route as I was always paranoid about them going on fire when I had rc helicopters. Can someone recommend a decent (and cheap) battery and charger that will go in this car?

It would be a big bonus if the same battery can be used in my standard TA01 chassis with silver can motor.

Look at Vapextech batteries - they are cheaper on their own website than their ebay store.

minimum capacity I'd suggest is 3300mAh, but the higher the longer the run time.

Charger can depend on how often you want to run the battery pack - a simple wall plug trickle charger will take over a day to charge a pack, but if you only want to run one pack, once a week they will suffice.

After that there are a multitude of chargers from the IMAX B6 / Accucell 6 to ones costing over £100

Do you want to charge only in the hosue or also have the facility to charge from a 2v car battery when out n about ?

So I decided to read the instruction for my motor and esc and found that it can be powered with either 2s or 3s lipos.

I have these from my helicopter days

15112502657_c29623e9e4.jpg

They are currently charging. Now although they can be used with the esc and motor can the reciever and steering servo handle them?

Ok it all work flawlessly. This thing is very fast. I don't remeber these cars being anywhere near this fast when I was younger (last car I had would have been a stock terra schorcher). I assume it is the combination of the brushless motor and 3s lipo but it was great fun.

I don't know why I wasted my time cleaning it yesterday. It is filthy again already.

I need to read up on the low voltage warning as I am not sure exactly if it was working properly. I stopped play because the car slowed down. I wanted a low voltage warning before that happened so will look into that tomorrow.

I should also mention in case it comes in handy for anybody else. I am using an Absima CR2S v2 radio and reciever. This has a 5v bec in it so is fine to be used with the 3s lipos.

I checked with my esc and it was set to 9v cut off. So I guess I was just being paranoid about running it to long. I have also changed the trimming setting to try to slow it down a bit. At the moment it is just too fast, it trimming doesn't slow it down enough I will invest in different batteries.