shozgetz

CC01 what to upgrade what to leave alone

Hey i just boght a new CC01 kit. I bought alum Chubs and alum knuckles alum steering assembly alum ajustable fr upper a arms alum ajustable tie rods bearing kit and a bearing kit lastly a high torque servo

any thing i missed thanks

Hi and congrats, CC-01 kits are fantastic!

Well, I see you already got some nice aftermarket bits for your vehicle. Basically these things are very reliable out of the box. One thing you might want to look after is the steering. Some TCers here have made some nice mods using bearings. And like the parts you mentioned, there's also nice aftermarket shafts for these cars, but once you get all of the possible aftermarket bits you'll get to notice the improvement on its performance isn't really noticeable. Maybe if you change the motor, but that's another thing.

By the way, what model you got? If you're building it don't forget to share some pictures with us here! ;)

Mine is sat in the queue waiting to be started, I have been collecting a few bit while waiting. Ten min and a credit card near Asiatees will get you started

The solid rear link kit is a great mod, they're about £24 on ebay. I didn't like the GPM version personally.

Hey thanks for all of the input. Yeah i always go to asiatees for my cc01 and my tt02. the one thing that i have been looking at is the stroke ex for this is it worth buying ? and i have the bronco kit i have not painted it yet so no pics. i have a wireless winch for the body and a alum 6 led light bar and i bought better rims and tires aswell. now would it be worth locking the rear diff ? i forgot to say i have the rear 4link kit. anything else? i am going to be welding up a scale trailer out of alum to haul mt alfa !!

[...] now would it be worth locking the rear diff ? [...]

If you plan to go off-roading and climbing ladders, then I'd say lock it. And you can block both differentials, too. That will turn it into a great climber.

hey thats some gret info. i am looking to do some mild crawling and what would be a good pinion for that? hey i am having a real hard time finding a front bumper for the bronco any ideas on that ? Hey all of this advice is great and i would like just to say thanks for taking the time to give it !

You have all the major mods covered . You can fit a rc4wd reduction unit to the CC-01 . i have a 3:1 in mine . It requires 18mm cutting from the tub and the battery relocating though .. For realistic speed off road a 35T or 55T crawler motor seems about right giving loads of torque .

Radshape do a very realistic bumper that will suit a Bronco perfectly .

http://www.radshaperc.com/product/tamiya-cc-01-bull-bar

I'd get a heatsink and maybe a fan for the motor. The motors in these cars run hot especially with both diffs locked. I've already killed a silvercan motor in mine.

I'd also get a high torque servo saver to complement the steering kit. For the ESC, I use a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060. It's waterproof, self-calibrating and has a cutoff for lipo. I highly recommend it.

Looks like you've already got it covered - the 4-link kit will give you better articulation (I always home-build my 4-links so can't say how they'd compare to the aftermarket versions). Steering is the only real weak point so as long as you've got that covered (I'm not sure in your original mod list if that includes a replacement steering system) you'll have a solid reliable car.

As for anything else - I'd say drive it and see what you need before spending a load of money - a lot of bling bits are just bling and don't improve anything at all. Some are weaker than the original plastic.

Locking the diffs will help you off-road but will reduce steering ability on smooth surfaces - probably not an issue since most people don't drive CC01s fast or on tarmac. Better tyres will help with off-road running too but might interfere with the body.

With a 55T crawler motor you should be right for scale driving in most conditions, I use Novak 55T crawler motors in mine and they've got plenty of torque without having to fit gear reducers.

"Cutting the brick" is worth doing if you want to tackle the rough stuff, you'll need to fabricate a skid or bumper to hide the cut but if you can weld aluminium you should be well set. Here's a thread with some more details:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69820

The CC01 in near-stock trim is a great fun thing to crawl, unlike an Axial or similar it won't just go over anything you point it at, you need to plan your attack and that's what makes it great. If you decide you want to improve it there's plenty of things you can do - custom rear chassis rails, cut out arches, longer shocks, cut C-hubs for better articulation, cut brick, reducers... The list goes on!

Above all, enjoy it :D

• Like 1

Universals are a nice upgrade too. Otherwise, the mods suggested really have it covered.

Hey what would be a good pinion for this. The one that came in the kit is to high of a speed i would really like to cut the speed for torque thakns

Hey i like what you did there i am going to do this mod when i install all of the new parts. Now about the speed of this thing i really want to slow it down what wouodl be a good pinion for that do you think ? thanks

Hey i like what you did there i am going to do this mod when i install all of the new parts. Now about the speed of this thing i really want to slow it down what wouodl be a good pinion for that do you think ? thanks

IMO the best way to slow a CC-01 down is to replace the stock motor . Pinion options are a 16 or a 20 . Both result in it being too fast to be realistic . Best option is either a 35T or 55T crawler motor and the stock 16 tooth pinion . Their cheap as chips and the easy way to slow things down .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/540-Crawler-Brushed-Motor-by-RC4WD-CHOOSE-35-45-55-65-or-80T-Bullet-Connectors-/121197501808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item1c37ef1d70

Hi Thanks.

Did you click and see my rear CC01 suspension mod link in the beginning of my video?

anyhow buy a steel 16 tooth pinion if that's the smallest one you can use.. I can't recall and get a 75 turn lathe motor that's what I run with mine and it works great for trailing and crawling.

Hi Thanks.

Did you click and see my rear CC01 suspension mod link in the beginning of my video?

anyhow buy a steel 16 tooth pinion if that's the smallest one you can use.. I can't recall and get a 75 turn lathe motor that's what I run with mine and it works great for trailing and crawling.

i went a bit OTT with mine - 55T plus a 3:1 reduction unit . Bit slow - but realistic on a trail . loads of torque though and long long run times .

Hey thanks for the input . You were talking about a reduction unit where can i find one to buy or some info about this thanks

hey thanks for the link . hey my bronco does something strange when i go backwards it studders going forward is fine it is not acting like its going to quit or anything but it studders any ideas ? oh i am using the stock motor and esc.

it sounds like the gears are 'skipping' . Take the entire drive line apart and check everything . Does the motor stutter without being under load . By this i mean when its out of the truck ?. if so then either the Motor is faulty or the ESC . . .

Is always nice to upgrade your favorite to a much better than stocked model. With all the recommendations, the final bill could put you into the next level of vehicles available. Hopups are adictive and is hard to stop once you know what is out there. You may end up with enough lift over parts to built another CC01. Don't forget to check out rc channel, their metal parts will blow the rest away.

Just keepin mind your cc01 will nevef be as capable as a stocked sxc10.

What motor are you running?

How much timing are you running it at?

Has it been exposed to dirt?

What condition are your brushes in?

ok here we go its brand new never been out side every thing is stock and when i say its studdering its not a gear or any thing its eletrical. the esc is stock i mean if i what in rev it stops. so thats why i ask . one more thing i orderd a strok ext kit does it work on the front aswell as the back or do i have to order a second kit ? thanks to everyone