AndyjcClod

My Tamiya F350 Highlift Rock Crawling on scale mountain

I took my Tamiya F350 highlift to RadshaperRc the other day and was really impressed how it handled the scale mountain they have there dispite it been pretty much stock apart from some 1.9 RC4WD Rock Crushers and a 60T brushed motor.

Center skid plate still caused me a few issues which I must look at ways to make that higher but other than that it pretty much got over everything! So I came away happy.

I made a video is anyone is interested in seeing how it did.

If anyone has any F350 upgrade tips I would be glad to hear them.

• Like 6

That looks cool! I keep meaning to take a trip up to radshape to have a play on their mountain, but almost all of my scalers are currently in the middle of complex rebuilds. Plus I know if I go up there I'll come away with something else to add to the pile of unbuilt projects!

• Like 1

Nice video...I see there's a new drift circuit in the background, how's that compared to the original one? Carpet isn't it?

• Like 1

Walking beam conversion to make it 6x6. Then it will be unstoppable :)

img33435_14042013183422_3.jpg

Unfortunately I made these myself and don't know anyone that sells them. But someone should :ph34r:

• Like 1

My favorite spot.. About .40 into it. You are climbing a hill and it starts to tire pick big time (one tire way in the air). Very much like a scale crawler you backed off just enough, changed your line and on you went.. Pretty cool!

• Like 1

Hi I have an issue on my tamiya tundra Highlift. The front Axle unlocked dont turn evenly. One wheel is blocked. But when u hold the wheel turning it turns the blocked wheel. But freely doesnt transmit power 50/50. Please help Tried rebuilding the diffs no avail.

Are you saying the wheel is acting hindered or that when you get stuck only one wheel turns? If it is when you get stuck only one wheel turns, you would have to lock the diff to stop it, and it is normal action of an open diff.

If you mean that when you run the truck with the wheels off the ground and one wheel does not turn, then it must be jammed somewhere. Maybe only by a small amount so when you hold the opposite wheel, it overcomes the stiffness and turns freely.

If it were me, I'd start from the outside and work inwards. Does it move freely is you remove both wheels? Does it move freely if you remove both steering hubs? By removing parts a bit at a time you should be able to work out where the stiffness is.

Once you've identified your problem component, you need to find out what's causing it - it could be incorrectly assembled, it could have some grit stuck, a part could be jamming because it's badly worn or a shaft may be bent. If you run in water or wet mud then you may have a seized bearing. Replacements are easy to find and not expensive.

It shouldn't be hard to track down the problem - just be patient and systematic and you'll find the problem in no time :)

Thank u so much for that discriptive reply. Well it gets stuck when I put the steering hubs. Removed it. Washed and regreased it. Put two new bearings too. With no avail. Can't figure it out. When I remove the steering hub the shaft turns freely. Getting a ball bearing set for the truck. Should try that out.

It has been a long time since I built a highlift, but I do vaguely remember that I think I put one or two of the knuckles/spindles in upside down and it caused a binding. It is really hard to tell but I think there is a sleight difference between the two that causes something to line up wrong. Maybe worth checking.

Or this part. 6081803e766740d33c1b95abea58dea7.jpg because the part above can be flipped. Front to back back to front on same side. I know th rear is also binding. But it's on diff lock.

Yes, which way the C1 and C2 are oriented. It really looks like it wouldn't mater, but I could have sworn I ran into something with them binding.

Great. I will try that out tomorrow. So just to add. If I unlock the rear diff. The same binding happens. So i will unlock em tomorrow and check which ones need to be swapped. Gonna run ball bearings soon as I get em. Any other upgrades you would suggest. Do u still have ur highlift.

Yes, which way the C1 and C2 are oriented. It really looks like it wouldn't mater, but I could have sworn I ran into something with them binding.

They are slightly different. You have to get them in the correct side or they will bind. especially when the steering is applied

They are slightly different. You have to get them in the correct side or they will bind. especially when the steering is applied

I thought I had remembered having a problem, just can not tell in pictures. Yes, I do still have a highlift, but mine is pretty modded. Hopefully I am not hijacking this thread too much, but I will post a picture later. Mine has a trany mod, with a 4 link rear end, and it is on a trail finder 1 frame.

Both sides are binded. When I remove rear diff. Lock. Left side. After swapping steering too. No avail. Hope someone had a solution. Thank u all for your input.

I think you may have to do what someone else suggested and take them completely apart, and put them back together carefully checking after each piece is added.

Here is my Highlift Hilux,

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

The last image shows how much ground clearance I gained through my trany mod.

• Like 1

Looking for a better winch for stock tundra. Rc4wd has one. Wondering how it will fit. Any suggestions ?