BigSteve

Tamco 2Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter.

Hi all I live in the UK and have a couple of Tamco 2 channel 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver sets. I bought these as they were very reasonable (£30.00) and good quality for the price tag. I'm about to start building my Nova Fox and I decided to get another Tamco set. The only problem is I cannot find any UK sellers with stock of the 2 channel sets, they still have stock of 3 channel sets and above but these are more expensive.

Can anybody shed any light on the current shortage, any experience with these sets or can suggest a decent alternative that won't cost a lot lol.

Steve.

Would you not consider the 3 channel set as you can bind up to 15 cars to it and the receivers are only £8 each from Hobbyking. Plus you have the third channel for lights etc.I have the TAC330 and it's very good indeed.

• Like 2

Would you not consider the 3 channel set as you can bind up to 15 cars to it and the receivers are only £8 each from Hobbyking. Plus you have the third channel for lights etc.I have the TAC330 and it's very good indeed.

Hi I didn't realise you could bind more than one receiver ti the transmitter. Excuse me if I sound stupid now but when I run my two cars, with my daughter, that are both running with the Tamco 2 channel sets how cone they don't interfere with each other. How do they recognise what receiver they bind to.

Steve.

Hi I didn't realise you could bind more than one receiver ti the transmitter. Excuse me if I sound stupid now but when I run my two cars, with my daughter, that are both running with the Tamco 2 channel sets how cone they don't interfere with each other. How do they recognise what receiver they bind to.

Steve.

In lay mans terms, imagine it's like your WiFi router at home, it operates on the same 2.4GHz frequency as your neighbours' does but they are clever enough to know each other apart. Essentially it's like the transmitter has lots and lots of different old style crystals built in to it and it just picks one at random and gives that channel to the receiver when it binds.

Transmitters that can handle multiple cars simply 'remember' which channel it gave to which receiver up to the maximum allowed.

It's still possible for 2 2.4GHz systems to conflict but you'd be really unlucky to have it happen to you on 2 sets you have bought.

In lay mans terms, imagine it's like your WiFi router at home, it operates on the same 2.4GHz frequency as your neighbours' does but they are clever enough to know each other apart. Essentially it's like the transmitter has lots and lots of different old style crystals built in to it and it just picks one at random and gives that channel to the receiver when it binds.

Transmitters that can handle multiple cars simply 'remember' which channel it gave to which receiver up to the maximum allowed.

It's still possible for 2 2.4GHz systems to conflict but you'd be really unlucky to have it happen to you on 2 sets you have bought.

That's awesome. So basically all I need to buy now then is a tamco 2.4GHz receiver. Could I get a 3 channel one and bind it to my 2 channel transmitter.

Woah there, it gets more complicated than that I'm afraid. First of all you need to see how many receivers your transmitter can hold in its memory. I know a lot of 'budget' 2 channel receivers will only hold 1 in memory at a time. That doesn't mean you can't get a load of receivers still, you'll just have to rebind with each receiver every time you want to use a different model.

You also need to ensure the receiver you are buying is compatible as there are a few different specs which are incompatible with each other, even across the Tamco range.

Do you have the model number of your transmitter?

Woah there, it gets more complicated than that I'm afraid. First of all you need to see how many receivers your transmitter can hold in its memory. I know a lot of 'budget' 2 channel receivers will only hold 1 in memory at a time. That doesn't mean you can't get a load of receivers still, you'll just have to rebing with each receiver every time you want to use a different model.

You also need to ensure the receiver you are buying is compatible as there are a few different specs which are incompatible with each other, even across the Tamco range.

Do you have the model number of your transmitter?

Hi the only reference I can find is 'TAC200'.

Have had a look around the web and it would seem that the TAC200 & TAC330 can talk to the same receiver model which 'should' mean that you can buy these and your transmitter will bind with it (mine does): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12187

It will only use channels 1 & 2 (what you're used to) though so don't expect to be able to make use of the 3rd channel.

Also, the TAC200 can only store one model at a time so you will have to re-bind each time you change model.