Sign in to follow this  
kontemax

TA-01 CVD or UJs shafts lenght.

Hi mates,

do you know the CVD or Universal Joints axle lenght for TA-01 (or TL-01 they were the same lenght) please?

And do you know some similar parts with 3 or 4 or 5 millimeters more?

Would like to make a larger TA-01 and will built by myself the arms but will need some longer shafts.

Many thanks

Max

My Delta Body is 190 mm arch to arch. The top of the tires are 180 mm so would likt to add from 3 to 5 millimeters each side.

Now I'm realizing that my Delta is a TA02 chassis so the front knukcles are different.

There are two possibilities:

1) Find a longer CVD that matches, dissassebly it and mix the parts of TA02 CVD and this new longer CVD.

2) Shift to a different front knuckle, as for example the DF03 or similar that fits identical CVD front and rear.

Max

My Delta Body is 190 mm arch to arch. The top of the tires are 180 mm so would likt to add from 3 to 5 millimeters each side.

Now I'm realizing that my Delta is a TA02 chassis so the front knukcles are different.

There are two possibilities:

1) Find a longer CVD that matches, dissassebly it and mix the parts of TA02 CVD and this new longer CVD.

2) Shift to a different front knuckle, as for example the DF03 or similar that fits identical CVD front and rear.

Max

I wouldn't worry too much about it being a TA02 chassis; As you've found it's only the front knuckles and arms that make it different than the TA01. The rear is only different in the orientation of the arms, but the axle/shaft dimensions are all the same.

- If you want to widen the front, I'd ditch the TA02 knuckles and go to the TA01/DF01 knuckles with a 42mm shaft.

- To widen the rear, you can either use some TG10 axle stubs with the 39mm shafts you already have in place, or,

- Switch to Hummer arms and you can use the 46 ~ 44mm shafts front and rear. (Just be sure to flip the rear arms over so you maintain your wheelbase.)

Up to now I've avoided using the TA02 knuckles simply because I haven't found any that I could disassemble and mate with a longer shaft. That weird 1510/1260 carrier setup just doesn't seem to have many options out there...

hi fella's , what about the cc01 front UJ shafts , they may work , i think they are 45mm and use the 1260/1510 combo

hi fella's , what about the cc01 front UJ shafts , they may work , i think they are 45mm and use the 1260/1510 combo

The CC01 shafts are 42mm and identical to that of the TA02/TA03.

as another option there is always the gpm cc01 shafts which as far as i can tell can be easily disassembled and (i would assume) the stub axle could be mated to tamiya 44mm-46mm swing shafts ,

:)

I'm thinking about the solutions. I can keep the CVD wheel axle and replace the shaft with a longer one.

Max

I'm thinking about the solutions. I can keep the CVD wheel axle and replace the shaft with a longer one.

Max

Well it looks like there will be a solution for this very soon!

[OP] CC-01 Assembly Universal Shaft (2pcs.)

http://tamiyablog.com/2014/09/full-tamiya-future-release-list-of-items-to-be-presented-at-all-japan-model-hobby-show-2014/

Hopefully they will offer something that mates up to the existing shaft design :rolleyes: