theshopkeeper

2010 Prices Held Until 1st March

We are holding the 2010 prices on Tamiya kits that are in stock until 1st March 2011.

The only increase has been to the VAT amount on the kits due to the Condem Government policy change.

Kits will go up when we run out and have to reorder, or on 1st March for the rest.

We think this is fair given we've got so many in stock at present - we didn't pay this year's rates for them, so why should you?

we didn't pay this year's rates for them, so why should you?

Too true, shame some other LHS don't think the same way. Though I can't believe the importer has increased their prices yet again in a time when people are meant to have less disposable income :)

Big thumbs up smilie to Time Tunnel!

<_<

Price rise is really just in line with the continuing Yen movement - 129 yen to the pound today, 146 yen to the pound a year ago. It's just that the realignment in one go shows it much more than if they adjusted the price everytime a shipment came in (which lets face it, would be a far more sensible move I'd have thought?).

It's just that the realignment in one go shows it much more than if they adjusted the price everytime a shipment came in (which lets face it, would be a far more sensible move I'd have thought?).

If the price increased in line with other currencies instead of being increased via the VAT scheme it would also mean that the price could be allowed to go back down. I still remember when the US Dollar was almost 2:1 to Pounds Sterling. Spending was very good back then. If we look at the VAT increase as a business tactic to gain more profit then we'll understand that allowing the price to go back down wouldn't be an acceptable option. Basically the rise just makes it a much more permanent way of hiking up the prices in the UK, just like the way petrol prices have risen over the years (considering that we pay an already extortionate level of fuel tax before we pay VAT, but I digress). If we're ok with such a 'small' tax increase that increases the price of everything then we'll be ok with another 'small' increase again in a few years (or maybe as soon as next year depending on this current government). The great thing about this small increase is, for anyone setting this kind of thing up, that it's practically considered by everyone as being too small to really complain about so everyone grumbles a bit then just lumps it. In the meantime, especially in hobbies like ours, buyers turn more to international sellers because the prices in the UK become more difficult for the UK sellers to compete when overseas buying has become, in recent years, easier to access and safer to use. Bigger industries struggle a little bit more but ultimately have the funds to continue on until the next rise. Small businesses start to crumble and fall as people have to stop shopping because they've gotten themselves into levels of debt they can't pay back, debts over necessities like food, clothing and shelter, but all the studies and polls will say that "public spending is still" despite there being "increased levels of debt per person" because we're all resorting to getting higher credit limits, increasing our overdraft limits and/or getting more credit cards to pay for everything.

Increasing the VAT is supposed to give the government more money to run our country. Let's hope they, as well as all of us, focus on the "run the country" part and not on the "give the government more money" part. It's too easy to give them money and say, years later, that they've messed up when we've simply been lazy and let the country get this way. We all need to work on running this country, each and every one of us, if we want to alleviate the stress on our nation's services (like the NHS etc.) but if we continue as we are then taxes will increase, we'll keep grumbling but ultimately paying it, then complain when 'The Government' hasn't done anything or supposedly 'failed' and we'll cry out for someone, anyone, to resign. Like we are oft to do of late. The government can only allocate the funds they take from us. We, The People (Everyone inclusively, both outside and inside the government), have to be responsible for how its used or, more to the point, we must be responsible for how its abused. :)

Alrighty then. Rant over.

Thanks again for holding your prices at last years rates. <_<

Agreed Vagabond.

The statement on our web site about the VAT increase, in slightly coded speak, suggests the new government couldn't order a round in a pub - for that very reason...

I'm no more impressed with this lot than the last lot, but at the end of the day the country overspent, and has to repay the debt, not to mention the interest charges (which last time i looked were somethign like £20Bn in interest alone).

Think positive, you could live in Ireland !

Back on topic, many thanks to Time Tunnel for the service they gave me in the last few months - not mega bucks in terms of monetary value, but their pricing, order updates and determination to carry on despatching against all odds in the bad weather meant plenty of happy customers i'm sure.

Now i'd better get some more spares ordered....