Sign in to follow this  
taliesin

FS: RC10 / Kyosho hybrid?

This came to me from a friend and its not really my cup of tea. Looks like it would make a good project, vintage racer or a fun basher. Probably not a great candidate for a box art restoration, LOL.

I think it is an RC10 gold pan with Kyosho front and rear end - but I'm not sure. I've never owned a Kyosho or an RC10 so that is just an educated guess. (If you think otherwise or recognize something please let me know!!)

DSCN3799_zpsb770e0a1.jpg

DSCN3800_zpsb2e90b35.jpg

DSCN3801_zpsf92c9bff.jpg

DSCN3802_zpsb59e9ac2.jpg

The chassis has been drilled (for lightness??) and extended with some homemade alloy bits at the front. It works ok but the overall effect is a bit tatty. Body is fair with cracking at the rear.

RTR with Futaba radio gear & servo, Novack Rooster ESC, unknown re-buildable motor. I stuck a battery in it and everything seems to work ok.

$50 + Shipping cost in the US.

• Like 1

I would love it, would you be prepared to post to Sydney Australia, I'll cover costs of course

Why do you say Kyosho? Looks like the original 6-gear transmission to me, dyed black. The suspension arms look like the the ones made by Andy's. The rear wheels and pyramid spikes are AE and came standard on the RC-10 Graphite.

A buddy of mine thought part of it was Kyosho. I thought it was just an RC10 that had been modified a bit, but he was pretty sure the front & rear were something other than Associated. Who knows, maybe he was just yanking my chain?

Either way, it found a good home down under!

That is definitely an Ultima gearbox and front suspension. Nose plate and top front brace look homemade. Rear suspension looks like aftermarket RC10, maybe Andy's suspension arms. Shock towers are not RC10, probably aftermarket Ultima parts (CRP? Parma?). Kyosho Gold rear shocks, RC10 front. JG front bumper, available for pretty much any buggy from that era, just with different hole patterns. Weird hybrid, not sure I see the point, but hey, if it worked for "Rippin' Ryan," why not?

Sign in to follow this