bigoggy

Films Featuring Rc

Toy Story. :(

And i rememeber one with Clint Eastwood i believe it was.. He was in a car, being chased by an RC car (Kyosho Corvette Stingray nitro, i think), which was fitted with a bomb of some sort.. LOL..

Also, in the movie "Moving" Arlo Pear (Richard Pryor), is being harrassed by his neighbour, Frank Crawford, using a rc-helicopter...

Surely there are others too, but these sprung to my mind first. :)

Cheers.

Michael

i remembered something about one with a bomb, thats what made me ask. there must be quite a few. i also remember rc planes in short circuit 2

What about the Australian film "Malcolm"??? The protagonist, whos a tram modeller/enthusiast uses a Sand Scorcher in a hold up. A rediculous but very very very lovable funny film, one of my favourites to be honest, the fact it features a Sand Scorcher is a bonus. Its not widely available but worth seeing if you get the chance as its a pretty good film, its a bit of a feel good movie for when you need a lift. Heres a link (or cut n paste) for more info, please check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091464/

Toy Story. :lol:

And i rememeber one with Clint Eastwood i believe it was.. :lol:

The film is called the dead pool. The car was an RC10 with a corvette body. Nitro sounds were dubbed in. the car was driven by Jay Halsey of team associated fame.

The film is called the dead pool. The car was an RC10 with a corvette body. Nitro sounds were dubbed in. the car was driven by Jay Halsey of team associated fame.

The other Eastwood film featuring an RC car is In the Line of Fire with John Malkovich planning on using the car laced with explosives.

I will second Malcolm as a great film, used to have it on vhs not seen it in ages. Very funny and sad at the same time.

More info on the Dead Pool here and pictures of the original car here.

And in Oceans 11 it was a New Era truck

More discussions here

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6686

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5481

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24 <- now htere's a thread from the past!

And the greatest appearance of r/c cars in the cinema!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36353

i remembered something about one with a bomb,

I remember a German film about some 'New wave' terrorists going to assassinate a Politition/CEO/VIP with and RC car Bomb.

Trying to drive it under the VIP's limo and detonating the bomb under the limo.

They fail after the VIP's limo runs over their Rc car.

An Rc car makes an appearance in Terminator 2.

It saves a fathers life after the son uses it to ram the fathers leg while he was working on the computer,

causing him to duck as a snipers mullet whizzes towards his head.

(Hero Child with Hero RC.. LOL :lol: :lol: )

(Must try that as an excuse for me to buy a new Tamiya on the wife)

There was a Disney move that a group of kids try to save another kids dog or some thing,

One had a Nitro powered RC helicopter, and as he flew it he wore a US Airforce Fighter Pilots Helmet.

Unfortunately he crashes the RC helicopter during the 'Rescue Mission',

with the killer line:

RC Pilot: "I had to eat 52 boxes of cornflakes to get that model"

Friend: "What's so bad about that?"

RCP: "I don't like Cornflakes"

That's all I can remember off the top of my head at the moment

There a good american film about a wiz kid at a tech collage who has to make a marketable computer for under $100 for a assignment. In that there is a bloke from the collage spying on him and his friend's using an M03 mini with a spy camera on it. Although it's not a huge budget film its really good.

Tupers

As usual cannot remember the title, but a dump truck was used to collect black mail money from one hotel room to the next by travelling through the air vent duct. The black mailer was female good with computer, an action film. I think is with Sly Stallone.

What about the Australian film "Malcolm"??? The protagonist, whos a tram modeller/enthusiast uses a Sand Scorcher in a hold up. A rediculous but very very very lovable funny film, one of my favourites to be honest, the fact it features a Sand Scorcher is a bonus. Its not widely available but worth seeing if you get the chance as its a pretty good film, its a bit of a feel good movie for when you need a lift. Heres a link (or cut n paste) for more info, please check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091464/

yes that film i remember he was a clever person i just loved his house at first i thought it was a monster beetle lol i was very young when i first saw the film i have been trying to track it down on vhs or dvd thought they would have released the film again like they do with the others great film

cool, i was watching that the other day lol, on nickelodion, on drake and josh, they have an original tamiya pajero sitting on a shelf, also not real but on the wall of the pimp my ride uk garage they have a mural of an r/c monster truck which is a clodbuster running giant tracs ;) although slightly off topic ive been to the garage and bought my mum a set of alloys for her car :mellow:

Home alone the one with the kid at home in the snow features an rc car as the main theme as it has a special chip in it that some group (the baddies) want.

Sorry for shaddy decription but I was only about 8 when I saw it lol

Also slightly off topic but Stade Francais the french national rugby side and scotland national rugby team both use rc cars in order to take the kicking tee out to the pitch.

Cheers

Ryck

Also slightly off topic but Stade Francais the french national rugby side and scotland national rugby team both use rc cars in order to take the kicking tee out to the pitch.

Cheers

Ryck

That was started here in the UK, by I think an ex racer called Ben Sturnham* who took up Rugby full time. Think it might of been a Clod that he used.

*It might of been Rory Cull, but im sure it was Ben. I am sure Terry.sc will remember :lol:

You called? :lol:

Yes, it was Ben Sturnham who used to be a successful r/c buggy racer before he took up rugby full time and he introduced the r/c trucks with his own Losi truck, likely a XX-T.

Small Soldiers, the toy AI-enhanced soldiers use what they find in a garage to take on the neighbourhood.

It saves a fathers life after the son uses it to ram the fathers leg while he was working on the computer,

causing him to duck as a snipers mullet whizzes towards his head.

That has to be one of the funniest typos ever :D

• Like 1

Frog ~ Punky Brewter

Ford Ranger ~ Knight Rider

Sand Scorcher ~ Silver Spoons

Brat ~ Manhattan Project

Any others that members know of?

This has been covered before I think... But here's a few more:

Sand Scorcher - Malcolm (Aussie movie)

Audi Quattro - MythBusters (in the background in one of the earlier episodes, I think the original Goldfinger one)

Nissan Silvia Coppermix - MythBusters (driving car into truck Knight Rider style episode)

- James

Midnight Pumpkin - Anthem, The Clouds (music video)

Audi Quatro - Knightrider (sort of proxy for KITT, disarming airline hijackers)

Toystory or toystory 2 has an RC car chasing a real car (well, both animated ofcourse)

I was watching an old episode of Srapheap Challenge the other day, it was the episode where they were building R/C aircraft to bomp a target... anyway I am sure that I saw a Clod Buster and a Mad Bull amongst the parts on the workbench.