I have been refurbing my Lunchbox. The standard kit servo saver is PANTS!!! It has play within itself, play on the servo splines (Acoms servo). My Hornet suffers the same affliction too and neither car has seen a massive amount of use.

Is this:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/trick-bits-kimbro-servo-saver-large-23-24-25-/rc-car-products/1612

a suitable replacement? My concerns are with the dimension between the holes where the steering links hook in. Not so much a problem with the lunchbox but the Hornet links are less adjustable.

What do other people use?

Cheers,

Rich

Not sure that'll help much. Ive heard good things about the tamiya high torque servo saver and intend to replace my LB one in due course. The centering spring is metal and you get multiple types so you can tune how strong it is.

This one is cheaper than your link before postage too!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=111000992469&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=72556379488

Thanks for the reply! Looks a good deal. Less than half the price of MS too!

Cya :)

Rich

I have been refurbing my Lunchbox. The standard kit servo saver is PANTS!!! It has play within itself, play on the servo splines (Acoms servo). My Hornet suffers the same affliction too and neither car has seen a massive amount of use.

Is this:

http://www.modelspor...r-products/1612

a suitable replacement? My concerns are with the dimension between the holes where the steering links hook in. Not so much a problem with the lunchbox but the Hornet links are less adjustable.

Cheers,

Rich

I use that trick bits servo saver on my Gold Lunchbox. It works very well and I have never had an isuue with it.

Yes its more expensive than the Tamiya one but the trick bits one is made for trucks ie the Lucnchbox etc

Is this: http://www.modelspor...r-products/1612

Cheers,

Rich

That one looks a lot like the bigger old CRP one I used to have on my Midnight Pumpkin truck. It was better than the stock one, plus it resisted a lot of punishment back in the day. ;)

I'd go with the tricks bits / Kimborough one

The Tamiya hi-torque servo saver takes a lot of force for it to work, by which time you will have either stripped the cogs in a plastic geared standard servo or bent the steering rods, or broken something else in the suspension parts. The Tamiya one works best in heavier vehicles , and is IMO far too strong for lightweight chassis like the LB and Frog/Hornet etc

Kimborough it is then. Got a ms order to do so ill pop some on. I have put a hpi servo in my box which uses the futaba servo attachment. It pushes onto the splines alot further and more positively than the acoms servo / attachment combination which has about halved the play straight away.

As always, thanks for the help!

Rich

I used a Traxxas one on my LB- you have to remeasure the links though as the Traxxas saver has wider mounting points- Aslo with this and the CRP arms the turning circle is the same both ways (even with the servo off center)

I'm also using RC4WD.com solid links w/ M3x15mm studs and the re-re ball ends- there is no slop in the steering

LB6_zps022ce7cb.jpg

LB7_zps70b3f19f.jpg

Here's the CRP servo saver that's really a tough part.

Would recommend this to anyone using this chassis. ;)

$T2eC16N,%21%29cE9s4PsSrTBRZEOnHD+w%7E%7E60_57.JPG