shozz

TT02 parts swap will it work ?

Hey everyone i have been looking to beef up the diffs in my TT02. I am going to be running my 4300kv motor and a 60a ESC. powered by a 3c lipo. I have been looking at the steel diff gears that come in the TT01. What i am thinking is how much if any difference is there between the two ? Is it something that a steady hand and a Dremel can take care of ? i did buy a high speed gear set for it but i just dont like the idea of plastic gears in the diffs it just seems that they would tear apart under load. Any advice any one could give would be great thanks

The TT01 diffs will fit the TT02 chassis, but the TT01 diff internals will not fit the TT02 diff housings. You will need to get the whole TT01 diff, not just the internal gears.

However if you want really tough diffs, rather go for the DF02 diffs which have metal internal gears and metal crown wheels. These are AFAIK the same as those used in the TB01, and we all know how tough they are!

If you buy the DF02 matal parts bag with the diff parts in it, you also get a pair of metal diff pinions, which can be modified to fit the TT02 easily with a bit of filing. Fit these and you'll have a very tough drivetrain indeed.

Hey thank you guys for all of the input!! i was just looking at the pics of the gears and they looked the same. Now as far as my car goes the track that i run on is really big and its a high speed track with very few slow turns. I did boil then rapidly cool my gears for this to make them a little harder. Now with my transmitter i have limited my power to right around 70% and i have also done quite a few upgrades to inprove the suspension and steering and the chassis. Hey if you guys have any ideas or any more info that you would be willing to share that would be great thanks

The gears will be fine with that set-up. I run plastic gears in my onroad race cars and they hold up to 4.5t and boost so you will be sound.

Hey thats great. I was just a little leary about them being plastic but hey all i can do is run it and see what happens i just bought 2 spare spare sets so i can repair them a few times that will give me a chance to see what it can take and what it cant. i know that this thing is a beast due to the weather i have not had a chance to really open it up but i did some esc set up tests in my garage and it would leave burnout marks on the ground for about a foot or so it just takes off like a rocket so i am betting it will be fast i dont think i will have any problems winning with it. any other tips or ideas would be great and thanks