Sign in to follow this  
cosworthwesty

Striker chassis

Hi all

I came across a striker today in need of a new chassis, what are the chances if any of finding a chassis and decal set?

Thanks Glenn

Decals turn up every now and then, but that chassis will be very elusive... How bad is the damage?

If you have a look at my Striker restoration thread you will change idea about the chassis. If it is made of ABS it can be always repaired.

Max

Thanks max

Great build thread, I will pull the striker apart when I get a chance to check out the full extent of the damage to the chassis. It will never be a runner it will sit the shelf when done so the chassis doesn't need to be 100% strong.

Glenn

• Like 1

I'm in the process of fixing up a Striker and a Sonic fighter. I too could use a lower chassis piece., although I'm not desperate for it. The last one I saw went on Ebay for about £25.00.

Sometimes full body sets come up, and they are not too expensive. However, going by rising prices on Ebay, I think these cars are more collectible and desirable than they used to be. I think the reason there is that these cars used to go unloved by collectors, who now have everything. So the only thing left to collect is the Striker or Sonic Fighter, so they are a more in demand than they ever were.

Not a brilliant design, with a very well known weakness up front, and often much derided, but these buggies seem to be having a bit of a renaissance lately.

If you make a good job with welding technique, with the correct glue (that one that welds the ABS, the Tamiya glue for example), with ABS plates, sheets, rounded/square bars, you can do miracles. The ABS is so beautiful to work! You can weld it, you can add new material when it misses, you can sand it as you like and you can use cyano glue as putty, instead of traditional putty I mean, to have very good results.
ABS is a material that you can work like the wood, better than wood, with the difference that you can weld it:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp?t=n&id=img24_31122013155157_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69201

Max

Thanks max

Great build thread, I will pull the striker apart when I get a chance to check out the full extent of the damage to the chassis. It will never be a runner it will sit the shelf when done so the chassis doesn't need to be 100% strong.

Glenn