Sign in to follow this  
Mokei Kagaku

1/10 scale Mercedes C111, an RC-model of my childhood dreamcar.

As a kid in the early 70's, no other car impressed me as much as the Mercedes C111 and as I wasn't alone about that opinion, the toy market was flooded with C111 models and I had a few. All small diecast cars.

Fast forward a couple of decades, and I'm here as an adult model car collector, and the dream about an RC C111 still very much alive. A couple of years ago, I suddenly stumbled over two different 1/10 scale C111's at the same time. The C111/2 from the French company Rollet and the C111/2 from the Spanish company Paya. It turned out that the Paya model was better in all respects, so it's what I'm basing my model on.

Pics below show the crude toy the model is based on, the current condition of the body after stripping the paint and puttying all the sinkholes and other imperfections, and finally the real car I hope the finished model will resemble pretty well. More here: https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/posts/766419573484981

12314699_10153150031172407_4461588913606

• Like 1

Saw this on the Facebook group, and was impressed. Looking forward to following along!