Hello, as mentioned in a previous post I just got back into the hobby after an 8 year hiatus. I had sold all my RC stuff so I had to start from scratch. Since I am a vintage only buff, I picked up this Tamiya Falcon on CL for $40. I really wanted a Frog or Blackfoot, which I also picked up dirt cheap along with another Faclon Parts car dirt cheap on Ebay after buying this one, but those are future projects or will be sold. I first went to Ebay and bought a whole Laundry list of stuff, Three Falcon parts lots, including the one already mentioned, a used Airtronics MX-3 Transmitter and reciever for only $23 shipped, I chose this because its what I used when I was in the Hobby back when, A new Airtonics BL Racer ESC, A new Aitronics standard servo, full bearing set, shock oil and grease, CRP dogbones, CRP chassis stiffener and bumper, a Fireball 19 turn modified motor, four 5300 Nimh battery packs, a Radio Shack dual trickle charger, body clips, etc. To date I have spent a grand total of $430 for everything, but I do not think thats too bad, since in the end I will have two Faclons with parts to spare, a Blackfoot, pretty much complete, and a Frog, needs wheels and tires. I can always swap the electronics from one to another, so with the exception of a couple of new motors and the wheels and tires foe the Frog, I am done spending money.

I totally tore down the Falcon, cleaned and replaced broken parts and rebuilt. I have taken pics and show the before and after of the Falcon, I have not yet run it but will do so as soon as I get the chance.

falcon1a.jpg

falcon2a.jpg

falcon5a.jpg

falcon6a.jpg

falcon7a.jpg

falcon_after1.jpg

falcon_after2.jpg

falcon_after4.jpgfalcon_after5.jpgfalcon_after6.jpgfalcon_after3.jpg

Nice job, Ive always wanted a falcon and this inspires me even more, might have to start searching!

Great job!

I have a soft spot for Airtronics MX-3's :P I ran one with my Losi Mini-T and for a while, my Midnight Pumpkin.

Great looking job on the Falcon. I remember trading for one when I was 14, that sucker was fast back in the day. The only problem I had was the front suspension separating at the frame...lol. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the jumps I would take this sucker off of before I new how to service the shocks.